How Has Technology Improved Cosmetic Dentistry?
Advances in technology have helped bring about options that are more efficient in all fields of science and medicine, and cosmetic dentistry is no different. In fact, over the last decade, cosmetic dental treatments have advanced dramatically. The materials used in cosmetic dentistry procedures have been improved so that they appear more lifelike and natural when patients have work done on their teeth. For example, materials such as porcelain and composite resins are now used instead of metals, and tooth-colored fillings now replace mercury and metal fillings. They also better match the shade, luster, and transparency of natural teeth, so it won't show that a person has had work done on their teeth. These materials also work well in the mouth because there are no adverse side effects and the muscles and tissue accept them as part of their surroundings.
In addition to more advanced materials being used, current cosmetic dental treatments now include lasers where scalpels used to be used. For procedures such as gum-tissue surgery and contouring, lasers provide fast and non-surgical ways of treatment. Some dentists are now using laser cavity detectors to find cavities years before they show up on an x-ray, and a Waterlase dental laser is used to treat the cavity and a diode laser to treat soft tissue problems such as periodontal or gum disease.
Advances in technology also now allow patients to enjoy more comfortable procedures because of sedation dentistry. There are different options that patients can choose from depending on their anxiety levels. This gives them the opportunity to have their teeth worked on and not worry about feeling any pain or remembering an unpleasant experience at the dental office.
Cosmetic dentistry has also advanced with technology by introducing improved services such as one-visit crowns called CEREC, invisible braces (Invisalign), lumineers, porcelain veneers, and dental implants.
Technology has brought about many advances that have made cosmetic dentistry more efficient and more comfortable for patients. Not only do dentists and patients have better options of materials to use, but they also have access to procedures and treatments that do the job more efficiently and easily. The amount of time spent in the dental office is also reduced because technology allows for restorations to be done faster and information to be collected more easily and more accurately. This is especially useful for treatments such as veneers, crowns, bridges, and implants, because the patient doesn't have to worry about wearing a temporary appliance while waiting for the permanent one.
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Home Page
- Cosmetic dental services available with Brentwood, CA dentist
- Brentwood, CA dental practice has many available cosmetic services for patients
- Cosmetic dental treatments offer many benefits to patients in Brentwood, CA
- Finding a cosmetic dentist in my area of Brentwood, CA
- Brentwood area dentist describes different types of dental crowns
- Where can I find the best cosmetic dentist near me in Brentwood, California?
- Brentwood, CA practice offers cosmetic dentistry solutions for the entire family
- Are cosmetic dentistry procedures affordable?
- Cosmetic dentist provides dental care services that can rejuvenate the smile
- Brentwood and Walnut Creek patients interested in cosmetic dental care solutions can visit us
- Cosmetic dental care available for patients in the Brentwood and Oakley, California area
- Cosmetic dental surgery available in Brentwood
- Why Brentwood, CA area patients might choose to have cosmetic dentistry procedures performed
- Patients find several cosmetic dentistry services at a respected Brentwood dental practice
- Residents in Brentwood, CA ask, "Is there a cosmetic dentistry practice near me?"
- Dentist near Oakley, CA provides quick and effective cosmetic dentistry services
- Dentist in Brentwood delivers a smile improvement after one procedure
- Well-known family dentist in Brentwood explains the benefits of cosmetic dentistry
- Why would I want cosmetic dentist near me in Brentwood, California?
- Why should I see a cosmetic dentist near me in Oakley, CA?
- Your Oakley CA aesthetic dentist makes your smile stunning
- Your Brentwood family dentist protects your smile with cosmetic fillings
- It makes sense to trust your dentist in Brentwood with cosmetic dental treatments
- You can experience the benefits of cosmetic dentistry right here in Brentwood
- Your Brentwood dentist can help you improve your image with smile enhancing treatments
- Your dentist in Brentwood achieves beautiful full smile makeovers with porcelain veneers
- Enhancing your smile is easy with cosmetic dental restorations in Brentwood CA
- Achieve smile improvement and greater confidence with customized cosmetic procedures in Brentwood
- Cosmetic dentistry treatments in our office near Walnut Creek are popular with men, too!
- How Has Technology Improved Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Why Would Someone Need Or Be Interested In Cosmetic Dentistry?
- What is cosmetic dentistry in Brentwood?
- The hidden benefits of undergoing cosmetic dental treatment in our Walnut Creek practice
- The benefits of cosmetic dentistry treatment with a cosmetic dentist near Antioch
- Seeing your dentist for cosmetic treatment near Oakley CA can be life changing
- Cosmetic dental services in Oakley, CA a good choice for an improved appearance
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
I came to Brentwood Family Dental when I was referred by a ENT Doctor. When I had my first visit I could only open my mouth slightly due to pain. I went...