Why implants are an affordable option for Brentwood patients
By Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
At Brentwood Family Dental, we help patients achieve a beautiful smile. While the upfront cost of dental bridges is less than dental implants, Dr. Alkhoury wants patients to understand how the long-term costs make implants the more affordable option.
Both implants and bridges address the problem of a missing tooth or a few missing teeth. Traditionally, a dental bridge was the only option available. In recent decades, dental implants have become the preferred method for tooth replacement.
- A bridge is formed by recontouring the permanent teeth on both sides of the gap. Crowns are placed on these teeth. This is the “anchor” for the false tooth.
- A dental implant is a small post that is placed in your jawbone. The bone heals around the titanium. The bone now holds the post in place, creating an “anchor” for the false tooth.
The hidden costs of bridges:
- Dental bridges often only last around five years. A dental implant is a permanent solution to a missing tooth.
- The teeth that are used as “anchors” for the bridge are at a higher risk of decay. This often results in the need for a root canal and a new crown.
- Bridges require special oral hygiene. Dental implants can be treated as natural teeth.
- Bone and gum tissue loss occurs under a bridge. This destabilizes the teeth surrounding the bridge. Further tooth loss can occur. An implant is closer to a natural tooth root and allows the bone and gums to be preserved.
Over the course of a lifetime, a dental bridge will require returning to the dentist periodically. Dr. Alkhoury is committed to positive patient experiences and believes dental implants are the best option. Brentwood Family Dental will help you find the way to a beautiful smile. Call us today at 925-344-5296.
Last Updated - December 2016
Back to Dental Implants Treatment Page
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr Jamil Alkhoury believes dentists to be artists. Taking care of another person’s teeth is definitely an art in which Dr Jamil Alkhoury is an expert. Having graduated from University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with a degree in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, he has always focused on the well-being of his patients. Brentwood family dental headed by Dr Jamil Alkhoury offers a wide range of services. He always keeps in touch with the developments in the field, to serve his purpose to the best of his abilities.
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
A Success Story
Originally, Powered By
Dr Alkhoury is wonderful! He took great care of my 5 year old daughter. He and his assistant made my daughter feel very comfortable. She is wanting to come back to the dentist for her next check up already. Highly recommend! They are the best at Brentwood Family Dental. Thank you Dr Alkhoury!!!