Maintain kid’s oral health with tips from your Brentwood Dentist
One of the responsibilities of parenthood is to facilitate bright futures for our children. Understandably, you want to do whatever you can to see your child happy and healthy throughout his or her lifetime. In the grand scheme of things, dental care may seem rather unimportant, but caring for your child's teeth earlier rather than later can save pain, inconvenience, and unnecessary expense. Just like us, our kids have the ability to preserve oral health with excellent hygiene and visits to their Brentwood dentist.
Because no one receives daily care from the dentist, the habits we learn are largely responsible for the condition of our smile. To help your child enjoy his or her happiest, healthiest smile, you might develop several habits:
- Oral hygiene begins right away, with your baby's gums getting a gentle cleaning with a soft, damp cloth after each feeding.
- A single baby tooth needs to be brushed with an infant toothbrush. When two teeth have grown in next to each other, these teeth also need to be flossed.
- Bed or naptime bottles should contain only water so that no sugar residue is allowed to remain on teeth. Babies who sleep with milk or juice bottles are at a high risk of bottle caries, or cavities.
- Avoid putting anything sugary or sweet on a pacifier.
- Talk with your dentist about ways to encourage good oral hygiene in kids. Positive reinforcement goes a long way in developing healthy habits.
- Be an example to your child in the area of oral hygiene. Let him or her see you take care of your teeth after meals and at bedtime. Children will follow their parents' example.
- Prepare healthy snacks such as fresh, raw fruits and vegetables that will promote healthy teeth and gums.
- Teach your child to brush his or her teeth after a sugary treat.
- Talk with your dentist about the specific preventive treatments that may help your child enjoy a healthy, pain-free smile. Fluoride treatments and dental sealants have been shown to reduce the instance of cavities.
Dr. Alkhoury and the dental staff at Brentwood Family Dental offer gentle, fun care for children. Contact us to schedule your family's dental check-ups.
Back To Dental Library Home Page
These video testimonials are from actual patients treated by Dr. Alkhoury after their consent to display their testimonials
, results are not the same and may vary.
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
Marcia Christyne Blick
I have been with Dr. Alkworthy for about 6 years. I have had mouth alignment to crowns, to massive dental makeover for front teeth. He is at the top of his profession for precision dental work if that is what you are are looking for. He makes certain you are happy at all costs and having a colorful history of a few painful dentist I can tell you with a certain amount of authority his work is painless. I am certain of all I say, as the dental work I have had with him, has been intensive. I keep coming back, so I do trust him. He likes to call himself an artist with teeth and I am certain that is one description however, I call him an advanced Dental Expert in his field - who continues to stay on top of the latest Dental Procedures and Prides himself in being an expert, in each new one he learns. All of this, will Cost you, also, they like to be paid in full, prior to beginning the work. He can be blunt at times but usually he's telling truth whether you want to hear it or not. He wants to make you happy and love your pain free smile.