Best suggestions to avoid the need for denture repair offered by your dentist in Brentwood, CA
After we have lost our baby teeth, there really should be no further tooth loss, with exception to the extraction of wisdom teeth. Many adults, unfortunately, are not able to keep all of their permanent teeth for life. Dr. Alkhoury is dedicated to outstanding preventive and restorative care. He works with patients individually to address their dental needs with the hope that tooth loss will not result from dental problems. Understanding that there are no guarantees for preservation, he also provides excellent solutions for the replacement of natural teeth.
Dentures have long been a part of restorative dentistry. As time has passed, the design of denture appliances, full and partial, has improved a great deal. No longer do dentures have "that look." They no longer look fake, like uniform white Chicklets in the smile. Today, dentures are made to exacting specifications based on the patient's oral structure. Patients treated by Dr. Alkhoury enjoy beautifully natural results from denture treatment.
Like other dental restorations, dentures need to be cared for in order to remain in their best condition. It is our hope to reduce the need for denture repair through education and support. Dentist Dr. Jamil Alkhoury offers tips to his patients in the Brentwood, CA area.
- When cleaning dentures, do so over a soft surface. Many people place a towel in the sink or on the counter to work over when brushing dentures. The chances of the acrylic appliance breaking on this soft surface are far less than if it is dropped on an unprotected counter or sink.
- Clean dentures with a non-abrasive toothpaste so abrasions do not occur on acrylic. Scratches can lead to stains, bad breath, and more.
- Clean gums as well as dentures to minimize the presence of oral bacteria. Gum disease is still a concern after tooth loss.
- Use lukewarm water to clean dentures. Acrylic may be damaged if cleaned in high temperature water.
- Keep dentures in water or denture solution when not worn so that the material does not become dry and brittle.
- Have dentures evaluated by your dentist regularly to ensure no cracks exist. Your dentist will also check to make sure dentures fit well against the gums so that irritation does not occur.
Tooth loss can be managed well with outstanding care at Brentwood Family Dental. Call 925-344-5296 for your visit.
Back to Dentures And Partials Home Page
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
I highly recommend brentwood family dental. Its been a year since i started coming here, getting back on track with my oral health. Dr. Alkhoury is very...