Your Brentwood dentist has options for denture stabilization
The loss of teeth, in childhood, is somewhat of a rite of passage. In adulthood however, we want to keep teeth as long as possible. Our teeth should last our entire lives, but are susceptible to so many factors that tooth loss is a real possibility. We do all that we can to preserve remaining teeth in their healthiest state.
For the replacement of those teeth that have been lost, many people first consider a customized denture. Dentures are removable prosthetic appliances that are designed around the existing structure of the jaw, made to fit snugly to facilitate proper chewing and speaking. These appliances rest on the top of gum tissue, which means they lack the stabilizing feature of the natural tooth, the root. As a result, denture adhesive is necessary to create stability.
Today there is an alternative to the traditional denture, and your Brentwood dentist provides excellent treatment with innovative techniques. With many people seeking denture stabilization, new forms of tooth replacement have emerged, and offer immense benefit. For more than two decades now, some dentists have undergone extra training to provide dental implant treatment in their practices. Dr. Alkhoury is a member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, and regularly performs implant treatments.
In terms of denture stabilization, the dental implant leads to the best outcome. After evaluation and consultation, Dr. Alkhoury will devise a treatment plan using the all-on-4 or all-on-6 dental option. Both incorporate the appropriate number of dental implants, which become integrated into the bone tissue of the jaw, and a denture appliance is placed on top. This method is different than replacing each tooth individually, and creates the type of comfort and function you deserve.
More than just stabilizing dentures for the proper chewing of food, and the confidence to speak and laugh freely, the all-on-4 or all-on-6 appliance also addresses the structure of the jaw itself. Where traditional dentures focus on the restoration of chewing and aesthetics, dental implants extend into the area of facial contours and the preservation of underlying bone.
Tooth loss no longer has to mean years of wearing unstable, removable dentures. Brentwood Family Dental has solutions for denture stabilization that will meet your needs. Contact us for your appointment today.
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr Jamil Alkhoury believes dentists to be artists. Taking care of another person’s teeth is definitely an art in which Dr Jamil Alkhoury is an expert. Having graduated from University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with a degree in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, he has always focused on the well-being of his patients. Brentwood family dental headed by Dr Jamil Alkhoury offers a wide range of services. He always keeps in touch with the developments in the field, to serve his purpose to the best of his abilities.
Back to Dentures And Partials Home Page
- High-quality, real-looking dentures are available with Brentwood, CA area dentist
- Dentist in Brentwood, CA answers, “How do dentures work?”
- Dental practice in Brentwood, CA describes the benefits of partial dentures
- Dentures in Brentwood, CA: Common problems and solutions
- Do dentures look like real teeth for patients in Brentwood, CA?
- Trust your denture repairs to Dr. Jamil Alkhoury in Brentwood
- Best suggestions to avoid the need for denture repair offered by your dentist in Brentwood, CA
- Regain confidence after tooth loss with complete dentures care in Brentwood
- Leave your Brentwood, CA denture repairs to your dentist
- Tips for getting used to your new denture appliance from our dental practice near Walnut Creek
- Your Brentwood dentist has options for denture stabilization
- Are you in need of dentures? Your dentist near Discovery Bay, CA offers options that work
- Your dentist can help you decide if implant treatment or a denture is your best option near Antioch for restoration