Your dentist can help you decide if implant treatment or a denture is your best option near Antioch for restoration
Our permanent teeth are supposed to last us a lifetime. Research shows, however, that a good percentage of American adults experience tooth loss by the time they reach the age of 35. Losing even one tooth affects the entire oral structure. Losing several or all of your teeth means that you will probably be considering the most suitable form of replacement. The goal of tooth replacement in these situations is to restore natural function and appearance to the smile. Your dentist
is the one who can help you determine if implant
treatment is superior to dentures
, or if the two may be combined. In our office near Antioch
, Dr. Alkhoury provides details of various tooth replacement options so patients can make the most informed decision regarding treatment.
Dentures, both partial and full appliances, have been the tried and true form of tooth replacement for many decades. Advances in the technology behind denture creation, as well as in the types of materials used for dentures, have significantly improved the entire process. Today, dentures are fully customized to each patient, leading to comfort as well as a natural, attractive aesthetic. We understand that your smile is unique to you. When designing dentures, Dr. Alkhoury carefully considers facial contours, coloring, and the specifics in the structure of the jaw. Dentures should fit comfortably and look natural.
In the last thirty years, men and women have found that teeth can be replaced with dental implants, which are inserted into the jawbone to recreate the natural tooth structure. Generally, implants are viewed as superior to dentures. As implants become fused to bone tissue in the jaw, the restoration above the gum line is stabilized like a natural tooth. There is no worry that gums will be irritated, or that an appliance may slip or fall out, because the connection to the jaw is permanent.
Although there are benefits to tooth replacement with dental implants, it may be out of reach to think of replacing many or all of your teeth with individual restorations. Fortunately, there is a third choice: implant supported dentures. In our office in Brentwood, Dr. Alkhoury consults with patients to discover the best treatment for tooth replacement. When possible, a custom denture appliance will be made, and several implants placed. When the implants heal in the jawbone, the denture can simply snap into place for a secure fit with superior stability.
Find the best tooth replacement for you. Contact us for your consultation with Dr. Alkhoury.
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr Jamil Alkhoury believes dentists to be artists. Taking care of another person’s teeth is definitely an art in which Dr Jamil Alkhoury is an expert. Having graduated from University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with a degree in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, he has always focused on the well-being of his patients. Brentwood family dental headed by Dr Jamil Alkhoury offers a wide range of services. He always keeps in touch with the developments in the field, to serve his purpose to the best of his abilities.
Back to Dentures And Partials Home Page
- High-quality, real-looking dentures are available with Brentwood, CA area dentist
- Dentist in Brentwood, CA answers, “How do dentures work?”
- Dental practice in Brentwood, CA describes the benefits of partial dentures
- Dentures in Brentwood, CA: Common problems and solutions
- Do dentures look like real teeth for patients in Brentwood, CA?
- Trust your denture repairs to Dr. Jamil Alkhoury in Brentwood
- Best suggestions to avoid the need for denture repair offered by your dentist in Brentwood, CA
- Regain confidence after tooth loss with complete dentures care in Brentwood
- Leave your Brentwood, CA denture repairs to your dentist
- Tips for getting used to your new denture appliance from our dental practice near Walnut Creek
- Your Brentwood dentist has options for denture stabilization
- Are you in need of dentures? Your dentist near Discovery Bay, CA offers options that work
- Your dentist can help you decide if implant treatment or a denture is your best option near Antioch for restoration