Prolong the benefits of LaserProx treatments in Brentwood with proper aftercare
In today’s world, the smile equals power. When we smile, we show our unique personality and our various favorable traits, all without saying a single word. The majority of the perceptions we give come from our smile. As such, we are naturally aware of the appearance of our teeth. We want our teeth to make our smile stand out for all the right reasons. In the picture of the ideal smile, there is no place for misalignment.
Orthodontic treatments have existed for decades but not all people rushed to improve their smile due to the appearance of brackets and wires. Through years of development, innovative new options have become available and there is a new surge in orthodontic patients. Today, adults of all ages are just as likely to improve their smile as teens are, thanks to discreet new treatments such as Invisalign.
Brentwood Family Dental is equipped to handle the various degrees of misalignment. We offer our patients choices that will best meet their needs for straighter teeth and better oral health. In addition to conventional orthodontics, we offer Invisalign and LaserProx, a system designed by Dr. Alkhoury and available exclusively in our Brentwood office.
LaserProx has been developed using the innovative science of cold laser class 4 therapy. This technology is combined with light NiTi archwires and slight proximal reduction to facilitate the gentlest movement of teeth into their correct positions. The consistent force used in Dr. Alkhoury’s system decreases inflammation around teeth throughout treatment and produces outstanding results quicker than other systems.
How teeth are moved with LaserProx is very different from conventional systems and even from aligner methods. The result, however, is the same: a beautiful, healthy smile. Orthodontic treatment is an investment into the smile. The benefits of LaserProx treatments
can be preserved with adequate follow up care. For our Brentwood
area patients, this means a custom fitted retainer.
Anytime the teeth are moved, regardless of the system, the process is intended to loosen teeth from the firm grip of the periodontal ligament. After teeth have been repositioned, they will continue to be tugged towards their previous positioning by the ligament. Retainers are discreet, even placed on the back of teeth when requested. The daily wear of a retainer helps teeth resist the pull from the periodontal ligament and helps you enjoy your best smile for the rest of your life.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Alkhoury to discuss your options for the correction of misalignment.
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr Jamil Alkhoury believes dentists to be artists. Taking care of another person’s teeth is definitely an art in which Dr Jamil Alkhoury is an expert. Having graduated from University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with a degree in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, he has always focused on the well-being of his patients. Brentwood family dental headed by Dr Jamil Alkhoury offers a wide range of services. He always keeps in touch with the developments in the field, to serve his purpose to the best of his abilities.
Back to LaserProx Home Page
- Effect of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) on orthodontic tooth movement (G. Genc et al., Lasers Med Sci (Jan. 2013) 28(1):41-7)
- Interproximal enamel Reduction as Part of Orthodontic treatment
- Rate of tooth movement under light vs heavy orthodontic forces
- Optimum force magnitude for orthodontic tooth movement: A mathematic model
- Efficiency of low-level laser therapy in reducing pain induced by orthodontic forces (AA Bicakci et al., Photomed Laser Surg, August 2012, 30(8):460-5)
- The effect of low-level laser therapy during orthodontic movement: a preliminary study (M. Youssef et al., Lasers Med Sci (2008) 23:27-33)
- Benefits of LaserProx™ Treatments Brentwood - Prolong the benefits of LaserProx™ treatments in Brentwood with proper aftercare
- Straighten Teeth with LaserProx™ Oakley CA - Straighten teeth with treatment designed around your needs. Learn about LaserProx™ and other treatments offered in our office near Oakley, CA
- Walnut Creek LaserProx™ Therapy - Adults of all ages near Walnut Creek can improve their smiles with LaserProx™ therapy
- What is LaserProx™ in Brentwood - What is holding you back from improving your smile? LaserProx™ in our Brentwood an ideal solution for misalignment