Your Antioch dentist assists kids in the prevention of childhood tooth decay
We love treating patients of all ages, and understand that the steps for healthy teeth and gums change throughout life. Parents are in the unique role of teaching their children everything from walking to talking to caring for their own needs as they grow. From a very early age, your child has specific needs that pertain to the development of a healthy smile. Dr. Alkhoury is your Antioch
with the extensive training and experience to help you protect your kids’ smiles.
Some of the steps that may help prevent childhood tooth decay include:
- Beginning oral hygiene when your child is an infant. That's right. Before any teeth appear above the gums, they are forming below gum tissue. After feeding, your baby's gums can be gently wiped clean with a moist cloth. This removes naturally occurring bacteria, and introduces your infant to oral care.
- The beverage given in a bottle at bedtime should be limited to water. Allowing a baby or toddler to fall asleep with a bottle of milk or juice means that sugars remain all night, feeding bacteria.
- An infant toothbrush can be used as soon as the first tooth emerges.
- Begin professional dental check-ups in the first year, and continue regular visits with your dentist every six months.
- Talk with your dentist about preventative treatments such as sealants or fluoride.
- Be present when your child is learning to brush and floss his or her teeth. Just because you have demonstrated the proper techniques, it does not mean they will be maintained. Regularly checking your child's teeth after oral hygiene will help you address problems with brushing and flossing.
- Take every opportunity to touch on the importance of brushing and flossing. Healthy teeth are attractive teeth. Healthy teeth and gums make us feel good about ourselves because we like our smiles, and because we have fresh breath. A healthy mouth leads to a healthy body. Unhealthy teeth can get cavities, which result in toothaches.
- Give children healthy snack options such as cheese, nuts, and fresh, crunchy fruits and vegetables.
Children learn to take care of their teeth and gums in several ways. Most significantly, children will learn from example. To help your child avoid cavities and other dental problems, let them see you taking good care of your oral health.
We can help your family enjoy healthy, beautiful smiles. Contact Brentwood Family Dental for your visit.
These video testimonials are from actual patients treated by Dr. Alkhoury after their consent to display their testimonials
, results are not the same and may vary.
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
Marcia Christyne Blick
I have been with Dr. Alkworthy for about 6 years. I have had mouth alignment to crowns, to massive dental makeover for front teeth. He is at the top of his profession for precision dental work if that is what you are are looking for. He makes certain you are happy at all costs and having a colorful history of a few painful dentist I can tell you with a certain amount of authority his work is painless. I am certain of all I say, as the dental work I have had with him, has been intensive. I keep coming back, so I do trust him. He likes to call himself an artist with teeth and I am certain that is one description however, I call him an advanced Dental Expert in his field - who continues to stay on top of the latest Dental Procedures and Prides himself in being an expert, in each new one he learns. All of this, will Cost you, also, they like to be paid in full, prior to beginning the work. He can be blunt at times but usually he's telling truth whether you want to hear it or not. He wants to make you happy and love your pain free smile.