Your Antioch dentist assists kids in the prevention of childhood tooth decay
We love treating patients of all ages, and understand that the steps for healthy teeth and gums change throughout life. Parents are in the unique role of teaching their children everything from walking to talking to caring for their own needs as they grow. From a very early age, your child has specific needs that pertain to the development of a healthy smile. Dr. Alkhoury is your Antioch
with the extensive training and experience to help you protect your kids’ smiles.
Some of the steps that may help prevent childhood tooth decay include:
- Beginning oral hygiene when your child is an infant. That's right. Before any teeth appear above the gums, they are forming below gum tissue. After feeding, your baby's gums can be gently wiped clean with a moist cloth. This removes naturally occurring bacteria, and introduces your infant to oral care.
- The beverage given in a bottle at bedtime should be limited to water. Allowing a baby or toddler to fall asleep with a bottle of milk or juice means that sugars remain all night, feeding bacteria.
- An infant toothbrush can be used as soon as the first tooth emerges.
- Begin professional dental check-ups in the first year, and continue regular visits with your dentist every six months.
- Talk with your dentist about preventative treatments such as sealants or fluoride.
- Be present when your child is learning to brush and floss his or her teeth. Just because you have demonstrated the proper techniques, it does not mean they will be maintained. Regularly checking your child's teeth after oral hygiene will help you address problems with brushing and flossing.
- Take every opportunity to touch on the importance of brushing and flossing. Healthy teeth are attractive teeth. Healthy teeth and gums make us feel good about ourselves because we like our smiles, and because we have fresh breath. A healthy mouth leads to a healthy body. Unhealthy teeth can get cavities, which result in toothaches.
- Give children healthy snack options such as cheese, nuts, and fresh, crunchy fruits and vegetables.
Children learn to take care of their teeth and gums in several ways. Most significantly, children will learn from example. To help your child avoid cavities and other dental problems, let them see you taking good care of your oral health.
We can help your family enjoy healthy, beautiful smiles. Contact Brentwood Family Dental for your visit.
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr Jamil Alkhoury believes dentists to be artists. Taking care of another person’s teeth is definitely an art in which Dr Jamil Alkhoury is an expert. Having graduated from University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with a degree in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, he has always focused on the well-being of his patients. Brentwood family dental headed by Dr Jamil Alkhoury offers a wide range of services. He always keeps in touch with the developments in the field, to serve his purpose to the best of his abilities.
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
A Success Story
Originally, Powered By
Dr Alkhoury is wonderful! He took great care of my 5 year old daughter. He and his assistant made my daughter feel very comfortable. She is wanting to come back to the dentist for her next check up already. Highly recommend! They are the best at Brentwood Family Dental. Thank you Dr Alkhoury!!!