Are you surprised to hear your Brentwood, CA dentist say you need root canal surgery?
Most people have heard of root canal treatment, even if they have not needed this type of restorative care themselves. Root canals have been talked about for ages, depicted as one of the harshest dental treatments around. Sadly, the reputation root canal therapy has been given is certainly not deserved. Fortunately, skilled dentists like Dr. Alkhoury show their patients that root canal therapy is nothing to fear. In our Brentwood, CA
dental office, root canal surgery
is performed using the latest, gentle technique and state-of-the-art instruments designed for efficiency and comfort.
If pain is experienced, it is before root canal therapy is performed. Often, the need for this restorative treatment is not discovered until a nasty toothache has developed because of ongoing infection. In this scenario, root canal treatment makes perfect sense because pain relief is extremely important.
Root canal therapy may not always be recommended in the presence of a persistent or worsening toothache. In some cases, we are able to detect damage inside of a tooth before pain develops. If anything, a dull ache may have begun, but the intense toothache of extensive infection has been avoided.
Dr. Alkhoury is an experienced, conservative dentist who designs treatment plans around the individual patient. Consideration is given to various factors before treatment such as root canal therapy takes place. When this procedure becomes necessary but intense pain has not developed, Dr. Alkhoury is happy to explain in detail where the problem lies within the tooth and why root canal therapy is needed to restore function and prevent pain.
Pain prevention is the primary benefit of undergoing root canal therapy as soon as a problem has been detected. In our practice, patients are often surprised at the simplicity and comfort of this restorative treatment. Before addressing infection in the inner part of a tooth, local anesthetic is administered and the area of the mouth being treated is numbed, just like for cavity repair. Throughout the root canal procedure, the sensations that may occur are very similar to that of a dental filling.
Our team understands the misconceptions about root canal therapy, and we do all that we can to help patients feel comfortable before, during, and after treatment in our office. Give your smile the best treatment possible. Contact our office at 925-344-5296 for your appointment.
Back to Root Canal Home Page
- Dentist near Brentwood discusses the benefits of root canal treatment
- Visit with root canal specialist to discuss treatment in Brentwood, CA
- How is the root canal procedure performed in Brentwood, CA dental practices?
- Endodontic treatment by your dentist in Brentwood, CA, can lead to preservation of natural tooth
- Receive compassionate dentistry near Antioch, CA when root canal surgery is required
- Dentist near Walnut Creek, CA explains the purpose of root canal surgery
- Relief from a severe toothache may come from root canal therapy in Brentwood, California
- Brentwood, California ends tooth pain with specific abscess treatment
- Medicating a toothache may lead to root canal surgery
- Are you surprised to hear your Brentwood, CA dentist say you need root canal surgery?
- Root canals are often the ideal treatment for broken teeth near Oakley, CA
- Endodontics as a Preferred Dental Specialty
- Brentwood dentistry and your options for restoration
- Pain relief comes through root canal therapy in our family dentistry Brentwood practice
- Making sense of the myths surrounding root canal treatment from your dentist near Antioch
- Can root canal treatment near Antioch be avoided?
- Focused on endodontics, your dentist near Discovery Bay, CA can help you avoid pain