Focused on endodontics, your dentist near Discovery Bay, CA can help you avoid pain
The prospect of needing a root canal is not typically pleasant. Most people feel at least a little anxious when told this treatment is necessary. For whatever reason, root canal therapy has been depicted as a long and painful procedure. Some patients question its overall effectiveness, and they suggest that tooth extraction may be a viable alternative. Ideally, dentists are interested in saving natural teeth. Root canal therapy makes this possible.
With a focus on endodontics
, your dentist near Discovery Bay, CA
may be able to prevent the pain of infection typically experienced before root canal treatment is advised. Often, a patient may not visit the dentist until a toothache has become persistent. At this point, it is quite possible that the pulp has already been infected and treatment must be more aggressive than a simple filling. In order to restore comfort, infected tissue must be removed. In this scenario, although root canal therapy may still cause a little anxiety, the need for treatment is easily understood.
Another scenario that may occur is that damage to the pulp of a tooth is discovered during a routine dental exam. In this instance, the pain of infection may have yet to develop. Feeling only a small twinge or nothing at all, a patient may feel that root canal therapy is unnecessary. If Dr. Alkhoury finds a dental problem during a routine examination, he takes the time to show the patient the cause of pain, or the potential for pain, on x-rays. It is important to us that our patients feel comfortable with the care we recommend, understanding that it is our practice to act as conservatively as possible in repairing damaged teeth. If root canal therapy is recommended, it is because it is the only form of treatment suitable for the successful repair of the damaged tooth.
Undergoing the root canal procedure does not have to be stressful. Dr. Alkhoury is an experienced dentist with training in endodontics for the effective treatment of specific dental problems. Treatment is performed under local anesthetic, promoting comfort. Using state-of-the-art tools, your dentist is able to complete the procedure quickly, getting you back to normal activities as soon as possible.
An infected root canal may not always lead to pain. The early detection of infection can lead to prompt treatment and the avoidance of a toothache. Take control of your oral health. Contact our office for your check-up with Dr. Alkhoury.
Back to Root Canal Home Page
- Brentwood, CA area patients ask, how does root canal treatment prevent tooth loss?
- Dentist near Brentwood discusses the benefits of root canal treatment
- Visit with root canal specialist to discuss treatment in Brentwood, CA
- How is the root canal procedure performed in Brentwood, CA dental practices?
- Endodontic treatment by your dentist in Brentwood, CA, can lead to preservation of natural tooth
- Receive compassionate dentistry near Antioch, CA when root canal surgery is required
- Dentist near Walnut Creek, CA explains the purpose of root canal surgery
- Relief from a severe toothache may come from root canal therapy in Brentwood, California
- Brentwood, California ends tooth pain with specific abscess treatment
- Medicating a toothache may lead to root canal surgery
- Are you surprised to hear your Brentwood, CA dentist say you need root canal surgery?
- Root canals are often the ideal treatment for broken teeth near Oakley, CA
- Endodontics as a Preferred Dental Specialty
- Brentwood dentistry and your options for restoration
- Pain relief comes through root canal therapy in our family dentistry Brentwood practice
- Making sense of the myths surrounding root canal treatment from your dentist near Antioch
- Can root canal treatment near Antioch be avoided?
- Focused on endodontics, your dentist near Discovery Bay, CA can help you avoid pain
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
Referred by my primary dentist for wisdom tooth extraction, I must say I anticipated a less than pleasant experience; however, the staff here proved me...