Pain relief comes through root canal therapy in our family dentistry Brentwood practice
Our teeth are a highly important part of our daily function. Not only does the appearance of teeth affect how confident we are in our smile, but also the strength of teeth dictates how healthy we feel. Our approach to dentistry is to do our best to catch any signs of decay as early as possible. In doing so, we are able to address any issues quickly with the most conservative treatment. Should decay or damage from injury become extensive, intensive forms of treatment may become necessary, such as root canal therapy.
We understand that there are those who feel a good deal of anxiety over hearing a root canal is needed. In our family dentistry practice in Brentwood, we take every measure to create the most comfortable experience possible during this type of treatment. This restorative procedure has become associated with pain in such a way that some patients feel concern that the actual procedure is where pain originates. In reality, root canal therapy is the precise procedure that gets you out of pain.
By the time root canal therapy is needed, the affected tooth has sustained enough damage to develop an infection. The infected tissue, the pulp, lies very near to the root and nerve of the tooth, which is why the patient feels significant pain. To relieve pain, it is necessary to treat the infection through the removal of infected tissue in the root canal procedure.
Before beginning the root canal procedure in our family dentistry Brentwood practice, we make certain the area to be treated is fully anesthetized. The only sensation that should be felt during root canal treatment is a bit of pressure that stems from reaching into the canal with tiny tools to remove the pulp, root, and nerve. This pressure should not produce pain, nor does the patient feel any poking or pain of any other kind. Our staff keeps a close eye on the comfort level of our patients, and can administer additional anesthetic should it become necessary.
We believe that all of our patients deserve to feel great about their smiles, and should experience the very best oral health possible. In cases where restorative care is needed to save the structure of a tooth, fear should not lead you to avoid treatment. Dr. Alkhoury has several years of experience providing gentle and effective care. To restore health to your smile, contact us today.
Back to Root Canal Home Page
- Brentwood, CA area patients ask, how does root canal treatment prevent tooth loss?
- Dentist near Brentwood discusses the benefits of root canal treatment
- Visit with root canal specialist to discuss treatment in Brentwood, CA
- How is the root canal procedure performed in Brentwood, CA dental practices?
- Endodontic treatment by your dentist in Brentwood, CA, can lead to preservation of natural tooth
- Receive compassionate dentistry near Antioch, CA when root canal surgery is required
- Dentist near Walnut Creek, CA explains the purpose of root canal surgery
- Relief from a severe toothache may come from root canal therapy in Brentwood, California
- Brentwood, California ends tooth pain with specific abscess treatment
- Medicating a toothache may lead to root canal surgery
- Are you surprised to hear your Brentwood, CA dentist say you need root canal surgery?
- Root canals are often the ideal treatment for broken teeth near Oakley, CA
- Endodontics as a Preferred Dental Specialty
- Brentwood dentistry and your options for restoration
- Pain relief comes through root canal therapy in our family dentistry Brentwood practice
- Making sense of the myths surrounding root canal treatment from your dentist near Antioch
- Can root canal treatment near Antioch be avoided?
- Focused on endodontics, your dentist near Discovery Bay, CA can help you avoid pain
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
Dr. Alkhoury is thee best
dentist/artist in the east bay! Although I'd drive hours, just to get to him. I've been his patient for 10 years & still going....