Receive compassionate dentistry near Antioch, CA when root canal surgery is required
For a compassionate yet innovative dental experience, your next appointment should be with Dr. Jamil Alkhoury at Brentwood Family Dentistry. Dr. Alkhoury and his staff demonstrate concern for their patients through comprehensive routine care and recommendations for care that may head-off problems before they arise. Restorative and cosmetic dentistry services are also available, assuring you will have your best smile ever.
This concerned approach to dentistry can be particularly desirable in cases considered to be more extensive, such as root canal surgery. Performed in our office near Antioch, CA, root canal treatment is an excellent solution to infection and the pain that often accompanies it. There are benefits to maintaining the overall structure of the mouth. To help accomplish this, a damaged tooth can remain intact by having some issues resolved with a root canal.
Root canal surgery is required when a tooth is damaged insofar as to reach the root of the tooth. This may be caused by several things - an injury to the tooth, a crack in the tooth, a severe cavity that goes deeper than just the surface, as well as other conditions. Bacteria may invade the pulp area, which houses the root endings, blood vessels, and the network that nourishes the tooth. Bacteria buildup will cause inflammation of the root and possibly infection. As a result, a painful toothache typically develops. It is important to note that regular six-month visits with your dentist may allow early detection of problems through examination or x-rays. If an issue is caught and remedied sooner, reaching the point of pain could be avoided altogether.
To begin the root canal process, a local anesthesia is applied to the area of the affected tooth. After the area has become completely numb, an opening is made in the top or crown of the tooth so that the pulp cavity may be accessed. During the treatment process, the nerve and pulp of the tooth are extracted using special instruments. It is then flushed with a special cleansing solution. If the pulp cavity shows infection, medication may be placed internally and covered for a temporary period to allow the infection to clear up. When the inside of the tooth is cleared, it is sealed with a special filling material. A crown is often placed over what is left of the tooth structure so that the person will have an intact and functioning tooth, but is no longer at risk for pain from this particular tooth. The procedure itself is not painful, most often compared to the equivalent of a cavity being filled.
In all areas, Dr. Alkhoury seeks to give his patients a pleasant and satisfying experience. If you are experiencing discomfort or wish to establish routine dental care and live in or around Antioch, CA, call Brentwood Family Dentistry today to schedule your appointment.
Last Updated - October 2015
Back to Root Canal Home Page
- Brentwood, CA area patients ask, how does root canal treatment prevent tooth loss?
- Dentist near Brentwood discusses the benefits of root canal treatment
- Visit with root canal specialist to discuss treatment in Brentwood, CA
- How is the root canal procedure performed in Brentwood, CA dental practices?
- Endodontic treatment by your dentist in Brentwood, CA, can lead to preservation of natural tooth
- Receive compassionate dentistry near Antioch, CA when root canal surgery is required
- Dentist near Walnut Creek, CA explains the purpose of root canal surgery
- Relief from a severe toothache may come from root canal therapy in Brentwood, California
- Brentwood, California ends tooth pain with specific abscess treatment
- Medicating a toothache may lead to root canal surgery
- Are you surprised to hear your Brentwood, CA dentist say you need root canal surgery?
- Root canals are often the ideal treatment for broken teeth near Oakley, CA
- Endodontics as a Preferred Dental Specialty
- Brentwood dentistry and your options for restoration
- Pain relief comes through root canal therapy in our family dentistry Brentwood practice
- Making sense of the myths surrounding root canal treatment from your dentist near Antioch
- Can root canal treatment near Antioch be avoided?
- Focused on endodontics, your dentist near Discovery Bay, CA can help you avoid pain