Relief from a severe toothache may come from root canal therapy in Brentwood, California
Tooth damage often occurs bit by bit. The slow progression of issues like cavities can be a good thing for the person who sees the dentist regularly. For those who do not maintain routine six-month appointments, the gradual manner in which damage occurs could very easily lead to a severe toothache. To get relief, many people take over the counter medication. As logical as it sounds to receive care for tooth pain, many people avoid seeing their California dentist because the thought of treatment evokes fear and anxiety. No one likes tooth pain. This problem can be extremely distressing. Dr. Jamil Alkhoury assures his patients that the best way to get back to a comfortable state is with prompt treatment.
For some time, severely damaged teeth could only be extracted. Today, dentists such as Dr. Alkhoury have the skill and instruments to treat advanced decay and eliminate pain. Root canal therapy is a highly beneficial procedure that has helped many of our patients to feel better quickly. At the same time, there are many who consider the option of extraction instead of treatment.
Having to decide between removing a necessary oral structure or treat deep infection can be very stressful. Extracting teeth is not something dentists like to do, especially if there is an option that will allow the tooth structure to remain intact and functional. Root canal therapy does just that. The procedure takes only a short time and it is performed with local anesthetic, so patients feel no discomfort. During treatment, Dr. Alkhoury uses specialized instruments to remove decayed tooth material and then removed infected tissues from the center of the tooth. This includes the nerve and vessels. After all infection has been removed, the emptied canal is irrigated with a disinfecting solution before it is filled with gutta percha.
The repaired tooth immediately feels better and it is covered with a temporary crown. In a follow-up visit, a final restoration is placed over the tooth to protect it in its fragile state. Saving the infected tooth saves the entire smile. Extraction, on the other hand, requires follow-up with adequate replacement, such as a dental bridge or dental implant.
Remember! It is possible in most cases to avoid severe toothaches by acting in a preventive manner. Daily brushing and flossing can be complemented with professional care from your dentist who knows your teeth and can guide you in maintaining oral health.
Dr. Alkhoury and his friendly, experienced team are happy to serve your dental needs. Call Brentwood Family Dental at 925-344-5296.
Back to Root Canal Home Page
- Brentwood, CA area patients ask, how does root canal treatment prevent tooth loss?
- Dentist near Brentwood discusses the benefits of root canal treatment
- Visit with root canal specialist to discuss treatment in Brentwood, CA
- How is the root canal procedure performed in Brentwood, CA dental practices?
- Endodontic treatment by your dentist in Brentwood, CA, can lead to preservation of natural tooth
- Receive compassionate dentistry near Antioch, CA when root canal surgery is required
- Dentist near Walnut Creek, CA explains the purpose of root canal surgery
- Relief from a severe toothache may come from root canal therapy in Brentwood, California
- Brentwood, California ends tooth pain with specific abscess treatment
- Medicating a toothache may lead to root canal surgery
- Are you surprised to hear your Brentwood, CA dentist say you need root canal surgery?
- Root canals are often the ideal treatment for broken teeth near Oakley, CA
- Endodontics as a Preferred Dental Specialty
- Brentwood dentistry and your options for restoration
- Pain relief comes through root canal therapy in our family dentistry Brentwood practice
- Making sense of the myths surrounding root canal treatment from your dentist near Antioch
- Can root canal treatment near Antioch be avoided?
- Focused on endodontics, your dentist near Discovery Bay, CA can help you avoid pain
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
I have braces and it helps me connect with my other friends who have had braces I've had no troubles with the braces exept for broken brakets (clumsy me). I recommend Esterkyn because he's the best