Brentwood Dentistry and your options for restoration
Most people have a bad image of what a root canal is. The procedure itself has somehow been associated with pain and complication; when in fact root canal therapy is about eliminating the pain and risk that comes from tooth decay or injury. Answering the question, what is a root canal; your Brentwood dentist can help you feel more confident should you face this restorative dental treatment.
Root canal therapy is necessary when the pulp - which is located within the root canal of a tooth - becomes infected. Pulp is delicate tissue that lies within the core of teeth, in close proximity to a tooth's root and nerve. Because of these tight quarters, the nerve will experience often severe pain when pulp is infected. In order to eliminate the pain, the infection must be removed; and this is done through root canal therapy.
It is important to listen to what your mouth is telling you. Avoiding treatment for tooth decay and infection can lead to the loss of the affected tooth. Removing a tooth that would benefit from root canal therapy is not an option, as the space created from extracting a necessary tooth must be filled. Surrounding teeth will shift in order to naturally fill a gap; and this extra space in the mouth sets bacteria up with more places to hide and flourish, which increases the risk of further decay as well as gingivitis. Looking at any other alternative, you can see that root canal therapy is the only viable option for restoration of infected pulp.
During the root canal procedure, the affected area is completely numbed to assure patient comfort. In many instances, the patient may also request mild sedation during the procedure. A rubber sheet is placed over the tooth in order to keep the area dry. An opening is created by drilling away the damaged tooth surface and exposing the root canal, and pulp is carefully removed using tiny files that fit into the canal of the tooth. After the root canal procedure, an impression is taken in order to fabricate a permanent crown, and the patient is fitted with a temporary crown to wear while the permanent crown is being made. Your oral health and comfort is a priority in our office. Schedule an exam with Dr. Alkhoury to regain and maintain your healthiest smile.
Back to Root Canal Home Page
- Dentist near Brentwood discusses the benefits of root canal treatment
- Visit with root canal specialist to discuss treatment in Brentwood, CA
- How is the root canal procedure performed in Brentwood, CA dental practices?
- Endodontic treatment by your dentist in Brentwood, CA, can lead to preservation of natural tooth
- Receive compassionate dentistry near Antioch, CA when root canal surgery is required
- Dentist near Walnut Creek, CA explains the purpose of root canal surgery
- Relief from a severe toothache may come from root canal therapy in Brentwood, California
- Brentwood, California ends tooth pain with specific abscess treatment
- Medicating a toothache may lead to root canal surgery
- Are you surprised to hear your Brentwood, CA dentist say you need root canal surgery?
- Root canals are often the ideal treatment for broken teeth near Oakley, CA
- Endodontics as a Preferred Dental Specialty
- Brentwood dentistry and your options for restoration
- Pain relief comes through root canal therapy in our family dentistry Brentwood practice
- Making sense of the myths surrounding root canal treatment from your dentist near Antioch
- Can root canal treatment near Antioch be avoided?
- Focused on endodontics, your dentist near Discovery Bay, CA can help you avoid pain
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
It was such a great experience with Brentwood family dental.They were so kind there out the process.Claudia was amazing when working on my teath.Doctor was so nice.He was always in a good mood.they did a great job.I really recommend going therw them.I was Supposed to have my braces on for two years and I got them off in 1 and half years.the best Experience ever