Your Brentwood dentist can determine if snoring is obstructive sleep apnea
At Brentwood Family Dental, your dentist is more than your artist. Dr. Jamil Alkhoury is known for his outstanding abilities in cosmetic dentistry. He also helps his patients enjoy their healthiest smiles and best possible quality of life. One of the issues that he can assess and treat is obstructive sleep apnea.
Obstructive sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that is often mistaken as snoring. Many people snore. Sometimes this “habit” is chronic in nature and loud enough to wake others. Although a nuisance, snoring that makes a lot of noise is not necessarily a danger to health. Obstructive sleep apnea is different in that there will be moments of silence in between loud snores and choking or gasping sounds. The danger lies in the silence. When snoring becomes quiet, it may indicate that air is no longer being moved, and the brain and body are being deprived of oxygen.
People who have obstructive sleep apnea will experience the effects during waking hours. They will feel exceedingly tired even after sleeping all night. The lack of quality sleep due to this condition will make it difficult to concentrate or remember things. A person is likely to experience mood swings or the development or worsening of depression. Obtaining the proper diagnosis for these conditions can make a world of difference in interpersonal relationships and overall wellbeing.
In our Brentwood
dental office, individuals who are experiencing the symptoms of sleep loss and who fit the description of obstructive sleep apnea
can find relief in customized care. Dr. Alkhoury offers a comfortable solution to this problem using a custom fitted oral appliance. This device is worn during sleep. Oral appliance therapy works by positioning the jaw and tongue forward comfortably so that the airway remains open even when muscles around the throat become fully relaxed in sleep.
The oral appliance for sleep apnea is a comfortable way to promote healthy sleep and general wellbeing. Many people choose this approach in conjunction with changes in lifestyle habits to minimize the risk of sleep apnea, such as avoiding the use of sleep medications. In many cases, oral appliance therapy makes a wonderful alternative to CPAP therapy, which forces air through the nostrils into the airway.
Find out if obstructive sleep apnea is behind your lack of sleep. Call Brentwood Family Dental for your consultation today.
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr Jamil Alkhoury believes dentists to be artists. Taking care of another person’s teeth is definitely an art in which Dr Jamil Alkhoury is an expert. Having graduated from University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with a degree in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, he has always focused on the well-being of his patients. Brentwood family dental headed by Dr Jamil Alkhoury offers a wide range of services. He always keeps in touch with the developments in the field, to serve his purpose to the best of his abilities.
Back to Family Dentistry Home Page
- Understanding the dangerous connection between obstructive sleep apnea and high blood pressure levels
- Treatments for TMJ disorders and associated pain relief with Brentwood area dentist
- Brentwood, CA area dentist offers therapy options for TMJ headaches and obstructive sleep apnea
- Brentwood, CA dentist offers treatment for the jaw joints for patients with TMJ or TMD
- Dentist in Brentwood, CA describes obstructive sleep apnea symptoms and effective treatment
- Brentwood, CA dentist suggests oral appliance therapy as treatment for obstructive sleep apnea
- Brentwood area dentist discusses the symptoms, causes, and treatment of TMJ disorder
- Learn about the ways sleep apnea can hurt your health from Brentwood, CA dentist
- Dentist in Brentwood describes signs that you may have obstructive sleep apnea and need appliances
- Can a dentist help with sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea treatment by a dentist may eliminate the need for CPAP therapy
- Treatment for sleep apnea is available for Brentwood and Walnut Creek, CA area patients at Brentwood Family Dental
- Brentwood and Oakley, California area patients can enjoy therapy for TMJ with a dental professional
- Alternatives to traditional methods for sleep apnea and snoring relief available in Brentwood
- Brentwood area patients who have TMJ disorder can seek treatment with Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
- Brentwood, CA dentist describes obstructive sleep apnea
- Walnut Creek residents can visit area dentist for a sleep study to diagnose sleep apnea and treatment with latest innovations
- Brentwood patient asks, "What are the symptoms of sleep apnea?"
- Stop snoring with effective therapy from doctor in Brentwood
- Patients in Walnut Creek, CA seek a caring dentist to treat symptoms of TMJ disorder
- For many sleep apnea patients, a CPAP alternative in Brentwood CA is preferred
- See your dentist for CPAP intolerance in Brentwood CA
- TMJ treatment in the Walnut Creek, CA area may alleviate chronic headache pain
- Your Brentwood dentist can determine if snoring is obstructive sleep apnea
- Sleep breathing disorders may masquerade as insomnia. Your dentist near Antioch can find the underlying cause of sleep loss
- Finding a dentist to treat TMJ near Discovery Bay, CA leads to improved quality of life
- Your Walnut Creek TMJ dentist can find the underlying cause of concerning symptoms
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
A Success Story
Originally, Powered By
Dr Alkhoury is wonderful! He took great care of my 5 year old daughter. He and his assistant made my daughter feel very comfortable. She is wanting to come back to the dentist for her next check up already. Highly recommend! They are the best at Brentwood Family Dental. Thank you Dr Alkhoury!!!