Alternatives to traditional methods for sleep apnea and snoring relief available in Brentwood
By Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Do you have a family member or friend who shakes the walls with their snores? Are you the one shaking the walls? While loud snoring is often seen as a humorous or annoying event, for many people it’s a sign of a serious condition, sleep apnea. Dr. Alkhoury of Brentwood Family Dental wants to help patients enjoy restorative sleep.
Sleep apnea causes someone’s breathing to pause repeatedly through the night. This can lead to oxygen deprivation. The common form of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), which is caused by blockage of the airway. Sleep apnea can cause high blood pressure, stroke, heart failure, diabetes, depression, or headaches if left untreated.
How Dr. Alkhoury can help you find relief:
- Diagnosis of sleep apnea is the first step. We conduct sleep studies to determine your apnea-hypopnea index (AHI). Apnea is complete cessation of breath for 10 seconds or more. A hypopnea is a constricted breath lasting 10 seconds or more. An AHI higher than 5 is considered a form of sleep apnea.
- If diagnosed with sleep apnea, treatment options are discussed. The standard medical approach is the CPAP machine. This works by using a mask which supplies pressurized air delivered into the sleeper’s throat. Dr. Alkhoury believes the Medibyte oral airway appliance is the gentler method for sleep apnea treatment. Medibyte works by placing the jaw in a position that maintains optimal airflow.
Why Medibyte is the better option:
- The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) has approved oral appliance therapy for sleep apnea treatment.
- Medibyte is comfortable (no mask!) and easy to wear. Unlike CPAP devices, it’s easy to travel with, so a good night’s sleep is possible no matter where you go.
Want a great night’s sleep? Let Dr. Alkhoury help you take the first step! Call 925-344-5296.
Last Updated - December 2016
Back to TMJ/Sleep Apnea Home Page
- Brentwood, CA dentist offers treatment for the jaw joints for patients with TMJ or TMD
- Dentist in Brentwood, CA describes obstructive sleep apnea symptoms and effective treatment
- Brentwood, CA dentist suggests oral appliance therapy as treatment for obstructive sleep apnea
- Brentwood area dentist discusses the symptoms, causes, and treatment of TMJ disorder
- Learn about the ways sleep apnea can hurt your health from Brentwood, CA dentist
- Dentist in Brentwood describes signs that you may have obstructive sleep apnea and need appliances
- Can a dentist help with sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea treatment by a dentist may eliminate the need for CPAP therapy
- Treatment for sleep apnea is available for Brentwood and Walnut Creek, CA area patients at Brentwood Family Dental
- Brentwood and Oakley, California area patients can enjoy therapy for TMJ with a dental professional
- Alternatives to traditional methods for sleep apnea and snoring relief available in Brentwood
- Brentwood area patients who have TMJ disorder can seek treatment with Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
- Brentwood, CA dentist describes obstructive sleep apnea
- Walnut Creek residents can visit area dentist for a sleep study to diagnose sleep apnea and treatment with latest innovations
- Brentwood patient asks, "What are the symptoms of sleep apnea?"
- Stop snoring with effective therapy from doctor in Brentwood
- Patients in Walnut Creek, CA seek a caring dentist to treat symptoms of TMJ disorder
- For many sleep apnea patients, a CPAP alternative in Brentwood CA is preferred
- See your dentist for CPAP intolerance in Brentwood CA
- TMJ treatment in the Walnut Creek, CA area may alleviate chronic headache pain
- Your Brentwood dentist can determine if snoring is obstructive sleep apnea
- Sleep breathing disorders may masquerade as insomnia. Your dentist near Antioch can find the underlying cause of sleep loss
- Finding a dentist to treat TMJ near Discovery Bay, CA leads to improved quality of life
- Your Walnut Creek TMJ dentist can find the underlying cause of concerning symptoms
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
Thoust hath no need for another dentist, for Dr. Jamil Alkhoury has by far exceeded any and all expectations of a fantastical dentist. He hath set a new...