Walnut Creek residents can visit area dentist for a sleep study to diagnose sleep apnea and treatment with latest innovations
Americans are generally functioning as a sleep-deprived nation of people. Busy lives, stress, interference from outside influences detract from the ability to obtain sufficient sleep to maintain ideal functioning of the mind and body. One treatable condition that leads to many fatigued people is obstructive sleep apnea. It is believed that perhaps 18 million, and possibly even more, adults in America wrestle with the negative impacts from sleep apnea. It affects both men and women and people of any age. There is no single reason that can be pinpointed as causing sleep apnea, but there are ways to prevent it no matter the source.
A person with obstructive sleep apnea, abbreviated as OSA, may not even be aware of it. Sleep apnea is a cessation of breathing for ten or more seconds per incident; a person with OSA will repeat this numerous times while sleeping. It causes a person to stir from sleeping enough to begin breathing again, but does not allow them to experience a deep and restorative sleep. OSA also can contribute to serious risks including high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, and other physical conditions as the body is deprived of oxygen from this sleep disorder. Persons with certain symptoms are encouraged to investigate the possibility they are experiencing obstructive sleep apnea. Some warning signs include excessive daytime sleepiness, other people in the household are aware of very loud snoring and/or gasping while sleeping, difficulty concentrating and remembering things, or a dry mouth or throat upon waking.
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury and the associates of Brentwood Family Dental can help with the important step of having the sleep disorder diagnosed, as well as, with subsequent treatment of OSA. Unique to most other providers, we are able to perform our own certified sleep studies to diagnose the condition. Once established, comfortable and innovative treatment can be initiated immediately. We offer an innovative alternative to noisy and cumbersome CPAP machines for treatment of OSA. Current technology allows us to provide a patient with a mouthpiece designed to reposition the jaw which works to eliminate sleep apnea very simply in many patients.
If you live in the Walnut Creek area, and you or someone in your household is experiencing the effects and symptoms associated with obstructive sleep apnea, schedule your consultation right away with Dr. Alkhoury. The process to better sleep and truly better health doesn't have to be difficult. We are trained to provide what is considered all the "normal" dental procedures to treat your entire family, as well as to become your sleep apnea dentist too.
Last Updated - November 2015
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr Jamil Alkhoury believes dentists to be artists. Taking care of another person’s teeth is definitely an art in which Dr Jamil Alkhoury is an expert. Having graduated from University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with a degree in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, he has always focused on the well-being of his patients. Brentwood family dental headed by Dr Jamil Alkhoury offers a wide range of services. He always keeps in touch with the developments in the field, to serve his purpose to the best of his abilities.
Back to Family Dentistry Home Page
- Understanding the dangerous connection between obstructive sleep apnea and high blood pressure levels
- Treatments for TMJ disorders and associated pain relief with Brentwood area dentist
- Brentwood, CA area dentist offers therapy options for TMJ headaches and obstructive sleep apnea
- Brentwood, CA dentist offers treatment for the jaw joints for patients with TMJ or TMD
- Dentist in Brentwood, CA describes obstructive sleep apnea symptoms and effective treatment
- Brentwood, CA dentist suggests oral appliance therapy as treatment for obstructive sleep apnea
- Brentwood area dentist discusses the symptoms, causes, and treatment of TMJ disorder
- Learn about the ways sleep apnea can hurt your health from Brentwood, CA dentist
- Dentist in Brentwood describes signs that you may have obstructive sleep apnea and need appliances
- Can a dentist help with sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea treatment by a dentist may eliminate the need for CPAP therapy
- Treatment for sleep apnea is available for Brentwood and Walnut Creek, CA area patients at Brentwood Family Dental
- Brentwood and Oakley, California area patients can enjoy therapy for TMJ with a dental professional
- Alternatives to traditional methods for sleep apnea and snoring relief available in Brentwood
- Brentwood area patients who have TMJ disorder can seek treatment with Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
- Brentwood, CA dentist describes obstructive sleep apnea
- Walnut Creek residents can visit area dentist for a sleep study to diagnose sleep apnea and treatment with latest innovations
- Brentwood patient asks, "What are the symptoms of sleep apnea?"
- Stop snoring with effective therapy from doctor in Brentwood
- Patients in Walnut Creek, CA seek a caring dentist to treat symptoms of TMJ disorder
- For many sleep apnea patients, a CPAP alternative in Brentwood CA is preferred
- See your dentist for CPAP intolerance in Brentwood CA
- TMJ treatment in the Walnut Creek, CA area may alleviate chronic headache pain
- Your Brentwood dentist can determine if snoring is obstructive sleep apnea
- Sleep breathing disorders may masquerade as insomnia. Your dentist near Antioch can find the underlying cause of sleep loss
- Finding a dentist to treat TMJ near Discovery Bay, CA leads to improved quality of life
- Your Walnut Creek TMJ dentist can find the underlying cause of concerning symptoms
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
A Success Story
Originally, Powered By
Dr Alkhoury is wonderful! He took great care of my 5 year old daughter. He and his assistant made my daughter feel very comfortable. She is wanting to come back to the dentist for her next check up already. Highly recommend! They are the best at Brentwood Family Dental. Thank you Dr Alkhoury!!!