Treatment for sleep apnea is available for Brentwood and Walnut Creek, CA area patients at Brentwood Family Dental
By Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Brentwood and Walnut Creek area patients who have experienced problems getting a restful night’s sleep may be dealing with obstructive sleep apnea. Treatment for sleep apnea is often required to allow the body to get the restorative sleep necessary to feel great every day. Dr. Jamil Alkhoury and the staff of Brentwood Family Dental offer oral appliance therapy as an option for treatment.
What is obstructive sleep apnea?
This sleep breathing disorder is more common than patients realize. Dr. Jamil Alkhoury and his staff have worked with patients who have been diagnosed with this condition. The most common symptoms of this condition are:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Poor memory
- Daytime fatigue
- Awakening many times at night
- Dry mouth in the morning
- Consistent headaches and migraines
The cause of obstructive sleep apnea is a blockage in the airway, which can be as simple as the tongue falling back into the throat or excess tissue on the neck. Patients who believe they have this disorder work with their family physician to undergo a sleep study to obtain a proper diagnosis. Obstructive sleep apnea is often addressed with a CPAP machine. However, many patients do not comply with CPAP treatment because it is uncomfortable, noisy, and difficult to travel with.
Oral appliance therapy
Instead of CPAP, patients can use a special-made oral appliance worn at night to open the airway.
Address obstructive sleep apnea today!
Consider the benefits of oral appliance therapy as a treatment for obstructive sleep apnea. Brentwood and Walnut Creek, CA area patients can visit the staff of Brentwood Family Dental to see if this is a viable treatment for their specific needs. Call 925-344-5296 or personally visit the practice at 4411 Balfour Road, Suite C to schedule a visit with our staff and discuss advantages of oral appliance therapy.
Last Updated - April 2017
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr Jamil Alkhoury believes dentists to be artists. Taking care of another person’s teeth is definitely an art in which Dr Jamil Alkhoury is an expert. Having graduated from University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with a degree in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, he has always focused on the well-being of his patients. Brentwood family dental headed by Dr Jamil Alkhoury offers a wide range of services. He always keeps in touch with the developments in the field, to serve his purpose to the best of his abilities.
Back to TMJ/Sleep Apnea Home Page
- Treatments for TMJ disorders and associated pain relief with Brentwood area dentist
- Brentwood, CA area dentist offers therapy options for TMJ headaches and obstructive sleep apnea
- Brentwood, CA dentist offers treatment for the jaw joints for patients with TMJ or TMD
- Dentist in Brentwood, CA describes obstructive sleep apnea symptoms and effective treatment
- Brentwood, CA dentist suggests oral appliance therapy as treatment for obstructive sleep apnea
- Brentwood area dentist discusses the symptoms, causes, and treatment of TMJ disorder
- Learn about the ways sleep apnea can hurt your health from Brentwood, CA dentist
- Dentist in Brentwood describes signs that you may have obstructive sleep apnea and need appliances
- Can a dentist help with sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea treatment by a dentist may eliminate the need for CPAP therapy
- Treatment for sleep apnea is available for Brentwood and Walnut Creek, CA area patients at Brentwood Family Dental
- Brentwood and Oakley, California area patients can enjoy therapy for TMJ with a dental professional
- Alternatives to traditional methods for sleep apnea and snoring relief available in Brentwood
- Brentwood area patients who have TMJ disorder can seek treatment with Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
- Brentwood, CA dentist describes obstructive sleep apnea
- Walnut Creek residents can visit area dentist for a sleep study to diagnose sleep apnea and treatment with latest innovations
- Brentwood patient asks, "What are the symptoms of sleep apnea?"
- Stop snoring with effective therapy from doctor in Brentwood
- Patients in Walnut Creek, CA seek a caring dentist to treat symptoms of TMJ disorder
- For many sleep apnea patients, a CPAP alternative in Brentwood CA is preferred
- See your dentist for CPAP intolerance in Brentwood CA
- TMJ treatment in the Walnut Creek, CA area may alleviate chronic headache pain
- Your Brentwood dentist can determine if snoring is obstructive sleep apnea
- Sleep breathing disorders may masquerade as insomnia. Your dentist near Antioch can find the underlying cause of sleep loss
- Finding a dentist to treat TMJ near Discovery Bay, CA leads to improved quality of life
- Your Walnut Creek TMJ dentist can find the underlying cause of concerning symptoms
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
A Success Story
Originally, Powered By
Dr Alkhoury is wonderful! He took great care of my 5 year old daughter. He and his assistant made my daughter feel very comfortable. She is wanting to come back to the dentist for her next check up already. Highly recommend! They are the best at Brentwood Family Dental. Thank you Dr Alkhoury!!!