Brentwood area patients who have TMJ disorder can seek treatment with Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
By Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury of Brentwood Family Dental works with patients who have oral conditions such as TMJ disorder. Patients with TMD often experience pain in jaw joints, neck, and shoulders. This may be caused by misalignment of the bite or concurrent conditions such as bruxism. Dr. Alkhoury and his team encourage patients to learn about the benefits of treatment for TMD to improve their overall quality of life.
What is TMJ/TMD?
This condition is a malfunction of the temporomandibular joint. This is the joint that hinges the jaw so that it can open and close. When it is misaligned or malfunctioning, it results in poor bite alignment, bruxism, and unusual wear on natural teeth. Additionally, patients may experience pain and stress throughout the upper body.
At Brentwood Family Dental, Dr. Alkhoury provides a thorough and exact approach to treatment for TMJ/TMD. During the initial diagnosis, the team uses JVA, also known as Jaw Vibration Analysis, alongside CBCT cat scans.
Once it has been determined that TMJ disorder exists, treatment options are discussed. They may include:
- A custom-fabricated oral appliance to be worn at night to keep jaw joints aligned.
- Cold laser therapy to address pain often associated with this condition.
Dr. Alkhoury consults with patients to help them decide which treatment will best improve the condition.
Schedule a visit today!
If you live in the Brentwood, California area and are ready to learn more about the benefits of treatment for TMJ disorder, now is the time to make an appointment with the dedicated team of professionals at Brentwood Family Dental. Dr. Alkhoury’s office is situated at 4411 Balfour Road, Suite C. The practice can be contacted by calling 925-344-5296.
Your dentist is your artist. Let him recreate your smile and help with a variety of oral health concerns including TMJ/TMD.
Last Updated - December 2016
Back to TMJ/Sleep Apnea Home Page
- Brentwood, CA dentist offers treatment for the jaw joints for patients with TMJ or TMD
- Dentist in Brentwood, CA describes obstructive sleep apnea symptoms and effective treatment
- Brentwood, CA dentist suggests oral appliance therapy as treatment for obstructive sleep apnea
- Brentwood area dentist discusses the symptoms, causes, and treatment of TMJ disorder
- Learn about the ways sleep apnea can hurt your health from Brentwood, CA dentist
- Dentist in Brentwood describes signs that you may have obstructive sleep apnea and need appliances
- Can a dentist help with sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea treatment by a dentist may eliminate the need for CPAP therapy
- Treatment for sleep apnea is available for Brentwood and Walnut Creek, CA area patients at Brentwood Family Dental
- Brentwood and Oakley, California area patients can enjoy therapy for TMJ with a dental professional
- Alternatives to traditional methods for sleep apnea and snoring relief available in Brentwood
- Brentwood area patients who have TMJ disorder can seek treatment with Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
- Brentwood, CA dentist describes obstructive sleep apnea
- Walnut Creek residents can visit area dentist for a sleep study to diagnose sleep apnea and treatment with latest innovations
- Brentwood patient asks, "What are the symptoms of sleep apnea?"
- Stop snoring with effective therapy from doctor in Brentwood
- Patients in Walnut Creek, CA seek a caring dentist to treat symptoms of TMJ disorder
- For many sleep apnea patients, a CPAP alternative in Brentwood CA is preferred
- See your dentist for CPAP intolerance in Brentwood CA
- TMJ treatment in the Walnut Creek, CA area may alleviate chronic headache pain
- Your Brentwood dentist can determine if snoring is obstructive sleep apnea
- Sleep breathing disorders may masquerade as insomnia. Your dentist near Antioch can find the underlying cause of sleep loss
- Finding a dentist to treat TMJ near Discovery Bay, CA leads to improved quality of life
- Your Walnut Creek TMJ dentist can find the underlying cause of concerning symptoms
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
Referred by my primary dentist for wisdom tooth extraction, I must say I anticipated a less than pleasant experience; however, the staff here proved me...