TMJ treatment in the Walnut Creek, CA area may alleviate chronic headache pain
Headaches are small problems that most people will experience from time to time. From one person to another, a headache will feel different. For some, mild tension at the back of the neck or near the temples is short lived. For others, headaches are more serious in nature, causing side effects like nausea, pain behind the eyes, or sensitivity to light. When a headache is only an occasional discomfort, pain relief may be as simple as over-the-counter medication and rest. For the chronic headache sufferer, a higher standard of care is necessary.
We think of our dentist as the person who cares for our teeth. However, many people are finding that a consultation with their dentist is actually the catalyst for headache relief.
Solving the problem of headaches
Headaches usually occur as a result of some other problem. For instance, lack of sleep may cause discomfort. There is also the possibility for food allergies, muscle tension, stress, and medical conditions to be the root cause of headaches. Additionally, headaches may stem from dysfunction in the jaw. The condition known as TMJ disorder may be overlooked if clues are not detected.
TMJ disorder occurs when the Temporomandibular joints located in the cheek area becomes taxed with undue stress. The joints are responsible for orchestrating a number of movements in conjunction with various muscles, nerves, and ligaments in the head, face, and neck. When they become overstressed, some ligaments and muscles may shorten while others lengthen. Coupled with pressure, the unevenness of structures can lead to pain not only in the jaw or face but also in the head, neck, ears, and shoulders.
At Brentwood Family Dental, we offer TMJ treatment tailored to relieve discomfort in our patients from Walnut Creek and other CA cities. Fortunately, TMJ can be treated non-invasively and often without medication. Using a specifically designed oral appliance, Dr. Alkhoury facilitates the proper alignment of the oral structure in a very comfortable way. As the jaw is relieved of stress, often due to clenching or grinding, the joints and their complementary tissues can heal from inflammation. The result: improved comfort and quality of life.
Call the office of Dr. Jamil Alkhoury for your TMJ evaluation. 925-344-5296.
Back to Family Dentistry Home Page
- Brentwood, CA dentist offers treatment for the jaw joints for patients with TMJ or TMD
- Dentist in Brentwood, CA describes obstructive sleep apnea symptoms and effective treatment
- Brentwood, CA dentist suggests oral appliance therapy as treatment for obstructive sleep apnea
- Brentwood area dentist discusses the symptoms, causes, and treatment of TMJ disorder
- Learn about the ways sleep apnea can hurt your health from Brentwood, CA dentist
- Dentist in Brentwood describes signs that you may have obstructive sleep apnea and need appliances
- Can a dentist help with sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea treatment by a dentist may eliminate the need for CPAP therapy
- Treatment for sleep apnea is available for Brentwood and Walnut Creek, CA area patients at Brentwood Family Dental
- Brentwood and Oakley, California area patients can enjoy therapy for TMJ with a dental professional
- Alternatives to traditional methods for sleep apnea and snoring relief available in Brentwood
- Brentwood area patients who have TMJ disorder can seek treatment with Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
- Brentwood, CA dentist describes obstructive sleep apnea
- Walnut Creek residents can visit area dentist for a sleep study to diagnose sleep apnea and treatment with latest innovations
- Brentwood patient asks, "What are the symptoms of sleep apnea?"
- Stop snoring with effective therapy from doctor in Brentwood
- Patients in Walnut Creek, CA seek a caring dentist to treat symptoms of TMJ disorder
- For many sleep apnea patients, a CPAP alternative in Brentwood CA is preferred
- See your dentist for CPAP intolerance in Brentwood CA
- TMJ treatment in the Walnut Creek, CA area may alleviate chronic headache pain
- Your Brentwood dentist can determine if snoring is obstructive sleep apnea
- Sleep breathing disorders may masquerade as insomnia. Your dentist near Antioch can find the underlying cause of sleep loss
- Finding a dentist to treat TMJ near Discovery Bay, CA leads to improved quality of life
- Your Walnut Creek TMJ dentist can find the underlying cause of concerning symptoms