LANAP® Laser Treatment
What is Laser Gum Treatment?
Laser treatment is an advanced technique for your doctor to treat periodontal (gum) disease and save many teeth that were previously considered hopeless. A laser light is used to gently remove harmful bacteria and diseased tissue from the gum pocket. This allows the body to heal naturally so that the gum pockets improve and the teeth become more stable. The laser is a wonderful tool that will help many patients bring themselves to a more healthy state.
Dramatic Patient Benefits
- Dramatically less traumatic yet highly effective alterna‐ tive to cut and sew gum surgery.
- No cutting of the gum tissue with a scalpel and no stitches means easy recovery with minimal bleeding.
- Preserves gum tissue instead of cutting it away.
- Reduces root exposure and sensitivity.
- Reduces infection.
- Reasonable expense.
Who is A Candidate For This Therapy?
First it is helpful to know who is not a candidate for Laser Gum Treatment. Patients who have healthy gums do not need this treatment. Also, people with superficial gingivitis do not need this form of therapy. Superficial gingivi- tis patients have red swollen gums but have gum pockets less than 5mm. These patients are classified as Class I. All other periodontal patients are Class II, Class III, or Class IV. All these people have gum pockets 5mm or greater, and the higher classes of gum disease
correspond to deeper gum pockets, and more loss of bone support to the teeth. All classes of gum disease greater than Class I are candidates for Laser Gum Treatment.
The LANAP® Protocol
- Perio probe indicates excessive pocket depth.
- Laser light removes bacteria and diseased tissue.
- Ultrasonic scaler and special hand instruments are used to remove root surface tarter.
- Laser finishes cleaning pocket and aids in sealing the pocket closed so new germs cannot enter.
- Healing of gums to clean root surface occurs.
- Bite trauma is adjusted.
- Healing occurs.
A Note About Your Doctors
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
, is a graduate of the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with a degree in Advanced Education in General Dentistry. With an insatiable thirst for knowledge, he has completed extensive continuing education and advanced training.
In the areas of Laser Dentistry, Laser Assisted Periodontal Surgery, Implant Surgery, craniofacial pain, temporomandibular dysfunction, sleep breathing disorders and dental sleep medicine.
- PerioLase –MVP7, a pulsed fiberoptic ND: YAG Laser certification by the Institute of Advanced Laser Dentistry
- Associate Fellowship of American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate American Board of Craniofacial Pain
- Diplomate American Board of Cranio-Dental Sleep Medicine
- LANAP Certified Dentist, License#14137 by Millennium Dental Technology Inc.
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr Jamil Alkhoury believes dentists to be artists. Taking care of another person’s teeth is definitely an art in which Dr Jamil Alkhoury is an expert. Having graduated from University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with a degree in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, he has always focused on the well-being of his patients. Brentwood family dental headed by Dr Jamil Alkhoury offers a wide range of services. He always keeps in touch with the developments in the field, to serve his purpose to the best of his abilities.
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
A Success Story
Originally, Powered By
Dr Alkhoury is wonderful! He took great care of my 5 year old daughter. He and his assistant made my daughter feel very comfortable. She is wanting to come back to the dentist for her next check up already. Highly recommend! They are the best at Brentwood Family Dental. Thank you Dr Alkhoury!!!