People do not immediately consider some conditions to be best treated by their dentist. Dr. Alkhoury
, however, cares for not only the health and beauty of your smile, but can also help you deal with challenging issues such as TMJ disorder or sleep apnea.
In our Brentwood CA
practice, we provide excellent care to those with TMJ
disorder. Here, your dentist
will carefully evaluate the symptoms you are experiencing. Recognizing when the temporomandibular joints, which are located at the back of the jawbone, have become dysfunctional, is the key to getting the care you need. Some of the common signs include:
- Clicking, popping sounds in the jaw
- Jaw pain
- Discomfort when chewing
- Neck pain
When treating TMJ
disorder, your dentist
will look for possible causes of the condition, such as misalignment of bite. To aid in the diagnosis of TMJ disorder, we use JVA (jaw vibration analysis), as well as CBCT cat-scan. A custom-made oral appliance, created in our Brentwood CA
practice, is often the exact approach that gets the results you need. Other modalities available include cold laser therapy for joint, neck, shoulder, and lower back pain, prolo therapy, and a compound therapeutic ointment designed by Dr. Alkhoury. If you suspect that you may have TMJ disorder, contact our office to schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Alkhoury.
Rating : 5
~ Chante R.T
"Many people write reviews and complain but as for me I give this dentist much praise. I am a 36 year old woman who started to have problems with my teeth after having children. I have recently had major dental work on my mouth and had so much anxiety. This dentist ordered medication to assist with calming me down during my procedure. My teeth were in a situation where other dentist would have given up on my teeth and possibly pulled them. My smile is one of my special gifts that I love. This wonderful dentist saved my teeth, spoke with me regarding care of my teeth, and kept me calm throughout the whole dental procedure. How many of you out there can say that you were calm while a dentist worked on your teeth. Well, all I know is that my dentist is all about keeping his patients pain free and relaxed. I believe that this is one of the top dentist in our area and because of him I can smile again with pride. His work is outstanding and I recommend him to all. Thank you so much Dr. Jamil Alkhoury, you definitely are the best."Read More...
Brentwood Family Dental
Obstructive sleep apnea is another common condition from which patients find relief from their dentist. This sleep disorder is associated with loud, chronic snoring - the kind that might keep housemates awake. The challenge is not in treating sleep apnea in our Brentwood CA practice, it is in getting that first diagnosis. Many people who suffer from this condition are unaware of what is occurring while they sleep. Not only do we conduct our own sleep studies for obstructive sleep apnea, certified by Board Certified sleep physician for OSA scoring and diagnosis, we provide an alternative treatment that is effective and comfortable.
The obstructive form of sleep apnea is a condition in which the airway becomes blocked as the surrounding muscles fully relax in sleep. Due to the lack of oxygen, the brain responds by rousing sleep, but only enough to prompt breathing to resume. Although these episodes may occur hundreds of times in a night, it is quite possible that the person affected by sleep apnea will not become aware of the severity of his or her condition on their own. In our Brentwood CA
practice, we take an approach to sleep apnea
that is different from the standard medical approach, the CPAP machine. Where a CPAP machine keeps the airway open by constantly delivering air via nasal prongs or a device that covers the nose, our Medibyte oral airway appliance places the jaw in the proper position to maintain optimal airflow comfortably and without complication. This device is easy to use, and can be taken home immediately after we demonstrate how to use it.
Both TMJ disorder and sleep apnea are conditions that could worsen if not treated properly. Dr. Alkhoury has received the advanced training necessary to diagnose and treat TMJ and obstructive sleep apnea using therapeutic approaches that produce results. Return to your best state of health working with Dr. Alkhoury in the treatment of your condition.
These video testimonials are from actual patients treated by Dr. Alkhoury after their consent to display their testimonials , results are not the same and may vary.
- Brentwood, CA dentist offers treatment for the jaw joints for patients with TMJ or TMD
- Dentist in Brentwood, CA describes obstructive sleep apnea symptoms and effective treatment
- Brentwood, CA dentist suggests oral appliance therapy as treatment for obstructive sleep apnea
- Brentwood area dentist discusses the symptoms, causes, and treatment of TMJ disorder
- Learn about the ways sleep apnea can hurt your health from Brentwood, CA dentist
- Dentist in Brentwood describes signs that you may have obstructive sleep apnea and need appliances
- Can a dentist help with sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea treatment by a dentist may eliminate the need for CPAP therapy
- Treatment for sleep apnea is available for Brentwood and Walnut Creek, CA area patients at Brentwood Family Dental
- Brentwood and Oakley, California area patients can enjoy therapy for TMJ with a dental professional
- Alternatives to traditional methods for sleep apnea and snoring relief available in Brentwood
- Brentwood area patients who have TMJ disorder can seek treatment with Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
- Brentwood, CA dentist describes obstructive sleep apnea
- Walnut Creek residents can visit area dentist for a sleep study to diagnose sleep apnea and treatment with latest innovations
- Brentwood patient asks, "What are the symptoms of sleep apnea?"
- Stop snoring with effective therapy from doctor in Brentwood
- Patients in Walnut Creek, CA seek a caring dentist to treat symptoms of TMJ disorder
- For many sleep apnea patients, a CPAP alternative in Brentwood CA is preferred
- See your dentist for CPAP intolerance in Brentwood CA
- TMJ treatment in the Walnut Creek, CA area may alleviate chronic headache pain
- Your Brentwood dentist can determine if snoring is obstructive sleep apnea
- Sleep breathing disorders may masquerade as insomnia. Your dentist near Antioch can find the underlying cause of sleep loss
- Finding a dentist to treat TMJ near Discovery Bay, CA leads to improved quality of life
- Your Walnut Creek TMJ dentist can find the underlying cause of concerning symptoms