See your dentist for CPAP intolerance in Brentwood CA
Many adults who snore nightly have more going on than they may think. Chronic snoring may be just that, or it may be obstructive sleep apnea. The difference is simple and can be detected when you know what to look for. When a person has obstructive sleep apnea, he or she will snore loudly, but will also have moments in which no sounds are made. In these moments, breathing has paused.
Sleep apnea is a potentially serious condition that can be treated medically with CPAP therapy. This form of treatment consists of wearing a small mask during sleeping hours. This mask sends pressurized air through the airway, keeping it open against the weight of relaxed muscles. When complied with, CPAP therapy can be very beneficial. Due to a variety of side effects, however, up to half of the patients prescribed this treatment do not follow instructions for use.
Sleep position and obstructive sleep apnea
Some people who have been diagnosed with sleep apnea are able to minimize the effects of their condition by sleeping in certain positions. Improvement is more likely for those who tend to sleep on their back when breathing issues occur. For these people, a change to side-sleeping posture may keep the airway from collapsing or the tongue from blocking airflow. The side-sleeping position may be maintained by placing pillows behind the back. If the side-sleeping position does not stop episodes of apnea, alternative forms of therapy should be sought.
Your dentist may have a solution for CPAP intolerance
Men and women in the Brentwood, CA area who struggle with obstructive sleep apnea may find the best solution in the office of Dr. Jamil Alkhoury. At Brentwood Family Dental, we recognize the interaction between the various parts of oral and facial anatomy. As such, Dr. Alkhoury can design treatment that is comfortable, discreet, and effective at producing the desired effect. Millions of people who cannot tolerate CPAP therapy have achieved better sleep and better health wearing a small, customized oral appliance designed by their dentist.
Get the sleep you need to feel your best. Address the issue of obstructive sleep apnea at Brentwood Family Dental. Call 925-344-5296 today.
Back to Family Dentistry Home Page
- Brentwood, CA dentist offers treatment for the jaw joints for patients with TMJ or TMD
- Dentist in Brentwood, CA describes obstructive sleep apnea symptoms and effective treatment
- Brentwood, CA dentist suggests oral appliance therapy as treatment for obstructive sleep apnea
- Brentwood area dentist discusses the symptoms, causes, and treatment of TMJ disorder
- Learn about the ways sleep apnea can hurt your health from Brentwood, CA dentist
- Dentist in Brentwood describes signs that you may have obstructive sleep apnea and need appliances
- Can a dentist help with sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea treatment by a dentist may eliminate the need for CPAP therapy
- Treatment for sleep apnea is available for Brentwood and Walnut Creek, CA area patients at Brentwood Family Dental
- Brentwood and Oakley, California area patients can enjoy therapy for TMJ with a dental professional
- Alternatives to traditional methods for sleep apnea and snoring relief available in Brentwood
- Brentwood area patients who have TMJ disorder can seek treatment with Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
- Brentwood, CA dentist describes obstructive sleep apnea
- Walnut Creek residents can visit area dentist for a sleep study to diagnose sleep apnea and treatment with latest innovations
- Brentwood patient asks, "What are the symptoms of sleep apnea?"
- Stop snoring with effective therapy from doctor in Brentwood
- Patients in Walnut Creek, CA seek a caring dentist to treat symptoms of TMJ disorder
- For many sleep apnea patients, a CPAP alternative in Brentwood CA is preferred
- See your dentist for CPAP intolerance in Brentwood CA
- TMJ treatment in the Walnut Creek, CA area may alleviate chronic headache pain
- Your Brentwood dentist can determine if snoring is obstructive sleep apnea
- Sleep breathing disorders may masquerade as insomnia. Your dentist near Antioch can find the underlying cause of sleep loss
- Finding a dentist to treat TMJ near Discovery Bay, CA leads to improved quality of life
- Your Walnut Creek TMJ dentist can find the underlying cause of concerning symptoms
These video testimonials are from actual patients treated by Dr. Alkhoury after their consent to display their testimonials
, results are not the same and may vary.
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
Kelly the hygienist is very sweet. every 6 months when I go for my cleaning, Kelly does an amazing job. Dr Alkhoury is very talented I enjoy talking to him.