Brentwood and Oakley, California area patients can enjoy therapy for TMJ with a dental professional
By Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury and the staff of Brentwood Family Dental provide Oakley, California area patients with solutions for a variety of dental concerns. Patients who have been diagnosed with temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder or TMD (temporomandibular disorder) are often interested in finding therapy for reducing their discomfort.
What is TMJ/TMD?
While the terms are often used interchangeably, they are not the same. TMJ stands for the joint itself which hinges the lower jaw to the skull. TMD is the disorder that causes this joint to malfunction. TMD can affect the way a patient talks, eats, and sleeps. The joint may lock up or pop during everyday activities. To address this issue, Dr. Jamil Alkhoury may suggest the benefits of TMJ treatment.
Signs of TMJ dysfunction
There are many symptoms associated with the TMJ malfunctioning. They may include the following:
- Popping and clicking noises when opening or closing the mouth to talk or chew, sometimes associated with pain
- The jaw becomes stuck in the open or closed position
- Tenderness or pain around the jaw joint or radiating o the face, neck, shoulders, and the ears
- Difficulty in opening the mouth all the way
- A fatigued feeling in the face
- Difficulty chewing
- Poor bite alignment
- Swelling on the side of the face
Additionally, patients with this condition may also experience other problems, which may not seem to be connected such as hearing problems, tinnitus, dizziness, and toothaches.
Schedule a visit with Dr. Jamil Alkhoury to learn more
TMJ can be extremely problematic for patients in the area of Oakley, California. At Brentwood Family Dental, we can provide effective solutions. Contact our practice at 925-344-5296 and schedule an appointment with Dr. Jamil Alkhoury at our conveniently located practice at 4411 Balfour Road, Suite C. We welcome new patients into our family-friendly facility.
Last Updated - March 2017
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr Jamil Alkhoury believes dentists to be artists. Taking care of another person’s teeth is definitely an art in which Dr Jamil Alkhoury is an expert. Having graduated from University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with a degree in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, he has always focused on the well-being of his patients. Brentwood family dental headed by Dr Jamil Alkhoury offers a wide range of services. He always keeps in touch with the developments in the field, to serve his purpose to the best of his abilities.
Back to TMJ/Sleep Apnea Home Page
- Treatments for TMJ disorders and associated pain relief with Brentwood area dentist
- Brentwood, CA area dentist offers therapy options for TMJ headaches and obstructive sleep apnea
- Brentwood, CA dentist offers treatment for the jaw joints for patients with TMJ or TMD
- Dentist in Brentwood, CA describes obstructive sleep apnea symptoms and effective treatment
- Brentwood, CA dentist suggests oral appliance therapy as treatment for obstructive sleep apnea
- Brentwood area dentist discusses the symptoms, causes, and treatment of TMJ disorder
- Learn about the ways sleep apnea can hurt your health from Brentwood, CA dentist
- Dentist in Brentwood describes signs that you may have obstructive sleep apnea and need appliances
- Can a dentist help with sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea treatment by a dentist may eliminate the need for CPAP therapy
- Treatment for sleep apnea is available for Brentwood and Walnut Creek, CA area patients at Brentwood Family Dental
- Brentwood and Oakley, California area patients can enjoy therapy for TMJ with a dental professional
- Alternatives to traditional methods for sleep apnea and snoring relief available in Brentwood
- Brentwood area patients who have TMJ disorder can seek treatment with Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
- Brentwood, CA dentist describes obstructive sleep apnea
- Walnut Creek residents can visit area dentist for a sleep study to diagnose sleep apnea and treatment with latest innovations
- Brentwood patient asks, "What are the symptoms of sleep apnea?"
- Stop snoring with effective therapy from doctor in Brentwood
- Patients in Walnut Creek, CA seek a caring dentist to treat symptoms of TMJ disorder
- For many sleep apnea patients, a CPAP alternative in Brentwood CA is preferred
- See your dentist for CPAP intolerance in Brentwood CA
- TMJ treatment in the Walnut Creek, CA area may alleviate chronic headache pain
- Your Brentwood dentist can determine if snoring is obstructive sleep apnea
- Sleep breathing disorders may masquerade as insomnia. Your dentist near Antioch can find the underlying cause of sleep loss
- Finding a dentist to treat TMJ near Discovery Bay, CA leads to improved quality of life
- Your Walnut Creek TMJ dentist can find the underlying cause of concerning symptoms
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
A Success Story
Originally, Powered By
Dr Alkhoury is wonderful! He took great care of my 5 year old daughter. He and his assistant made my daughter feel very comfortable. She is wanting to come back to the dentist for her next check up already. Highly recommend! They are the best at Brentwood Family Dental. Thank you Dr Alkhoury!!!