Straightening the smile doesn't always require conventional braces. Metal brackets and wires can hide the smile during months-even years-of traditional orthodontic treatment. Thankfully, Dr. Alkhoury
and the team at Brentwood Family Dental
offer LaserProx™, which can provide faster, more affordable results than alternatives such as Invisalign®.
These are actual patients treated by Dr. Jamil Alkhoury - "Before" and "after" results may not occur for all patients.
LaserProx™ (a proprietary name trademarked by Dr. Alkhoury) is different from comprehensive orthodontics. It involves using low-level cold laser therapy in conjunction with thinner orthodontic wires to produce faster results with less pain and discomfort. The name LaserProx™ comes from combining cold laser Class 4 therapy with minimal proximal reduction using light NiTi arch wires. These thinner wires use "memory shaping," which is key to repositioning teeth and getting them straighter, faster. The laser therapy reduces inflammation around the roots of the teeth caused by movement. Orthodontic treatment is an inflammatory process, and by reducing or even eliminating the inflammation, teeth will reposition themselves faster. Most patients experience results in as little as three to four months with impressive results.
The two key components of LaserProx™ are low-level laser therapy and minimal proximal reduction. Using light NiTi arch wires have been shown in scientific studies to be effective in (1) reducing discomfort and pain from orthodontic treatment and (2) accelerating orthodontic tooth movement. Links to selected scientific articles are provided below under "Related Articles."
This same laser therapy has also been used for other applications besides orthodontics. It has been used in surgical procedures to reduce post-operative symptoms for problems such as craniofacial pain disorders (including TMJ, TMD
, and myofascial pain) and helping with trigger points for muscle pain.
There are many ways to realign the smile. While the most conventional method includes visiting an orthodontist for metal braces, other patients may learn about the advantages of Invisalign®. However, LaserProx™ is in a category all by itself. It allows patients to enjoy better realignment faster and in a less expensive manner than other methods. This technology is unique to Dr. Alkhoury's practice, and provides patients with yet another solution for misaligned teeth. Patients with mild to moderate misalignment can use LaserProx™ to improve the aesthetic appearance of their smile without breaking the bank!
If you are located in the Brentwood, California area and are interested in learning more about LaserProx orthodontics, contact the team at Brentwood Family Dental to educate yourself on the benefits of LaserProx™ versus alternative treatments such as Invisalign® and traditional metal braces. We would be happy to provide you with the knowledge to make the best decision regarding your smile.
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr Jamil Alkhoury believes dentists to be artists. Taking care of another person’s teeth is definitely an art in which Dr Jamil Alkhoury is an expert. Having graduated from University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with a degree in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, he has always focused on the well-being of his patients. Brentwood family dental headed by Dr Jamil Alkhoury offers a wide range of services. He always keeps in touch with the developments in the field, to serve his purpose to the best of his abilities.
- Effect of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) on orthodontic tooth movement (G. Genc et al., Lasers Med Sci (Jan. 2013) 28(1):41-7)
- Interproximal enamel Reduction as Part of Orthodontic treatment
- Rate of tooth movement under light vs heavy orthodontic forces
- Optimum force magnitude for orthodontic tooth movement: A mathematic model
- Efficiency of low-level laser therapy in reducing pain induced by orthodontic forces (AA Bicakci et al., Photomed Laser Surg, August 2012, 30(8):460-5)
- The effect of low-level laser therapy during orthodontic movement: a preliminary study (M. Youssef et al., Lasers Med Sci (2008) 23:27-33)
- Benefits of LaserProx™ Treatments Brentwood - Prolong the benefits of LaserProx™ treatments in Brentwood with proper aftercare
- Straighten Teeth with LaserProx™ Oakley CA - Straighten teeth with treatment designed around your needs. Learn about LaserProx™ and other treatments offered in our office near Oakley, CA
- Walnut Creek LaserProx™ Therapy - Adults of all ages near Walnut Creek can improve their smiles with LaserProx™ therapy
- What is LaserProx™ in Brentwood - What is holding you back from improving your smile? LaserProx™ in our Brentwood an ideal solution for misalignment