Adults of all ages near Walnut Creek can improve their smiles with LaserProx therapy
As we travel through adulthood, at some point, we may find ourselves looking at something and saying, "I'm too old to . . ." whether it's "wear that," "do that," or "have that." One of the things that often fall into this category is smile enhancement with braces. Braces are something we see on teenagers, mostly, and so we associate orthodontic treatment with a "younger crowd." This assumption is gradually changing as more suitable smile correcting treatments become available for adults of all ages.
In reality, it doesn't matter what your age may be, you are likely to remain concerned with your smile. We all want to feel good about the way our teeth look because, whether we are at work or in a social setting, our smile says a lot about us. When oral health is good and you have no bite issues but you wish your teeth looked straighter, there is no reason why you cannot achieve your goals using innovative dental science to help you.
In recent years, dentistry has had a surge of new and improved options for orthodontic treatment. We have Invisalign, which straightens teeth and corrects some bite problems using clear plastic trays. There are still instances, as well, when conventional orthodontics, which may include tooth-colored brackets and wires, is the most suitable option. For cosmetic improvements, few choices were available to produce optimal results in a short amount of time – until now.
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury has developed an innovative system that can help adults of all ages from Walnut Creek
and surrounding areas improve their smiles quickly and comfortably. LaserProx therapy
, offered only in our Brentwood dental office, is in a class all its own. This system incorporates cold laser class 4 therapy with a small amount of proximal reduction facilitated by light NiTi arch wires for maximum, comfortable movement that leads to a beautifully straight smile. Treatment with LaserProx is fast, effective, and comfortable, typically producing optimal results in just a few months.
Although a primary reason for straightening teeth may be improved aesthetics, moving teeth into an alignment that is not crowded or spaced too far apart also promotes better oral health. Properly positioned teeth are not only more attractive, they are also easier to brush and floss, reducing the risk of cavities and gum disease.
We all deserve to smile with confidence throughout our entire lifetime, and adults of all ages now have one more option to help them achieve their best smile. Contact Brentwood Family Dental to learn more about our state-of-the-art LaserProx therapy.
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Dr Jamil Alkhoury believes dentists to be artists. Taking care of another person’s teeth is definitely an art in which Dr Jamil Alkhoury is an expert. Having graduated from University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) with a degree in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, he has always focused on the well-being of his patients. Brentwood family dental headed by Dr Jamil Alkhoury offers a wide range of services. He always keeps in touch with the developments in the field, to serve his purpose to the best of his abilities.
Back to LaserProx Home Page
- Effect of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) on orthodontic tooth movement (G. Genc et al., Lasers Med Sci (Jan. 2013) 28(1):41-7)
- Interproximal enamel Reduction as Part of Orthodontic treatment
- Rate of tooth movement under light vs heavy orthodontic forces
- Optimum force magnitude for orthodontic tooth movement: A mathematic model
- Efficiency of low-level laser therapy in reducing pain induced by orthodontic forces (AA Bicakci et al., Photomed Laser Surg, August 2012, 30(8):460-5)
- The effect of low-level laser therapy during orthodontic movement: a preliminary study (M. Youssef et al., Lasers Med Sci (2008) 23:27-33)
- Benefits of LaserProx™ Treatments Brentwood - Prolong the benefits of LaserProx™ treatments in Brentwood with proper aftercare
- Straighten Teeth with LaserProx™ Oakley CA - Straighten teeth with treatment designed around your needs. Learn about LaserProx™ and other treatments offered in our office near Oakley, CA
- Walnut Creek LaserProx™ Therapy - Adults of all ages near Walnut Creek can improve their smiles with LaserProx™ therapy
- What is LaserProx™ in Brentwood - What is holding you back from improving your smile? LaserProx™ in our Brentwood an ideal solution for misalignment