Leave your Brentwood, CA denture repairs to your dentist
When dentures are first designed, many factors need to be considered. Patients must get used to their new appliance so that speaking and chewing once again feel comfortable and natural. Oral care habits must also be learned so that "denture breath" does not occur, and gum tissue remains healthy. Our Brentwood, CA dental practice has a history of excellence in the area of denture design and repair. We offer our patients guidance on how to handle dentures for long lasting function and beauty.
- Dentures must be handled with great care. If dropped in the sink during cleanings, a denture appliance may break. Today's dentures are made with outstanding materials that look more like natural teeth than ever before. Like a natural tooth can be broken or chipped, so can a denture.
- For some reason, dentures are attractive to pets and children! When not worn, dentures should be kept out of reach of little hands and mouths.
- Dentures also need to be kept moist so they retain their shape and do not become brittle. When not worn, dentures may be kept in water or denture solution. Your dentist may suggest which is best, based on the materials from which dentures have been made. Hot water should not be used to clean or store dentures, as this can cause warping.
- Just as natural teeth need to be brushed daily, so do dentures. The removal of food debris and plaque is critical to ongoing oral health. Brushing is also beneficial for the prevention of stains. Due to softness in denture materials, brushing with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste is recommended. Using too much force or harsh paste on dentures can lead to scratches in which microscopic bacteria can collect.
A word about adjustments and repairs
In the months after a new denture has been designed, there may be a need for adjustments to achieve optimal fit. This is due to the changes that occur in the shape of the jawbone after the loss or removal of natural teeth. Denture adjustments of any kind are best left to your dentist. In some cases, it is necessary to send a denture to the dental lab for adjustment or repair.
Although some stores sell DIY denture repair kits, it does not mean the items or chemicals contained in such a kit are safe and effective. Some chemicals can cause permanent damage to a denture.
Dentures can last for many years with proper care and handling. Learn more about this and other tooth replacement treatments in a consultation with Dr. Alkhoury.
Back to Dentures And Partials Home Page
- High-quality, real-looking dentures are available with Brentwood, CA area dentist
- Dentist in Brentwood, CA answers, “How do dentures work?”
- Dental practice in Brentwood, CA describes the benefits of partial dentures
- Dentures in Brentwood, CA: Common problems and solutions
- Do dentures look like real teeth for patients in Brentwood, CA?
- Trust your denture repairs to Dr. Jamil Alkhoury in Brentwood
- Best suggestions to avoid the need for denture repair offered by your dentist in Brentwood, CA
- Regain confidence after tooth loss with complete dentures care in Brentwood
- Leave your Brentwood, CA denture repairs to your dentist
- Tips for getting used to your new denture appliance from our dental practice near Walnut Creek
- Your Brentwood dentist has options for denture stabilization
- Are you in need of dentures? Your dentist near Discovery Bay, CA offers options that work
- Your dentist can help you decide if implant treatment or a denture is your best option near Antioch for restoration
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
A Success Story
Originally, Powered By
Dr Alkhoury is wonderful! He took great care of my 5 year old daughter. He and his assistant made my daughter feel very comfortable. She is wanting to come back to the dentist for her next check up already. Highly recommend! They are the best at Brentwood Family Dental. Thank you Dr Alkhoury!!!