How is the root canal procedure performed in Brentwood, CA dental practices?
Dr. Jamil Alkhoury and the team at Brentwood Family Dental work closely with patients in and around the community to provide quality services. They believe that the smile should be maintained as much as possible without extracting teeth. When patients experience problems with a tooth such as infection, disease, or extremely large cavities, they may be at risk of requiring removal. However, in these situations, root canal therapy may be performed to save the tooth and eliminate the need for replacement restorations.
Many patients have a misperception about root canals. It is often thought that this procedure is extremely painful. It is the discomfort of the infected dental pulp that is the problem. Treatment can eliminate the pain and bring the smile back to health. This is done via the root canal procedure.
Root canals, sometimes called endodontic therapy, are done to save the tooth. The dentist makes a small hole in the tooth using special instruments. This hole allows him to access the dental pulp in the center. It is removed and the inner portion of the tooth is cleansed and disinfected. This eliminates any bacteria that may be present that resulted in the infection. After this has been done, the dentist will fill the inside of the tooth with gutta percha, a substance almost like rubber, and then seal the tooth. Depending on the location of the tooth within the mouth, it may also be covered with a custom dental crown for protection and to keep the tooth strong.
Root canal treatment is readily available in our practice. Dr. Jamil Alkhoury and his team encourage patients to consider this procedure if they want to save their natural tooth and avoid the time and expense involved in extracting the tooth and restoring it with a dental implant, partial denture, or dental bridge. If you are experiencing pain within a tooth and believe you may benefit from this procedure, contact Brentwood Family Dental at 925-344-5296 to book an appointment with our experienced dental staff.
Back to Root Canal Home Page
- Brentwood, CA area patients ask, how does root canal treatment prevent tooth loss?
- Dentist near Brentwood discusses the benefits of root canal treatment
- Visit with root canal specialist to discuss treatment in Brentwood, CA
- How is the root canal procedure performed in Brentwood, CA dental practices?
- Endodontic treatment by your dentist in Brentwood, CA, can lead to preservation of natural tooth
- Receive compassionate dentistry near Antioch, CA when root canal surgery is required
- Dentist near Walnut Creek, CA explains the purpose of root canal surgery
- Relief from a severe toothache may come from root canal therapy in Brentwood, California
- Brentwood, California ends tooth pain with specific abscess treatment
- Medicating a toothache may lead to root canal surgery
- Are you surprised to hear your Brentwood, CA dentist say you need root canal surgery?
- Root canals are often the ideal treatment for broken teeth near Oakley, CA
- Endodontics as a Preferred Dental Specialty
- Brentwood dentistry and your options for restoration
- Pain relief comes through root canal therapy in our family dentistry Brentwood practice
- Making sense of the myths surrounding root canal treatment from your dentist near Antioch
- Can root canal treatment near Antioch be avoided?
- Focused on endodontics, your dentist near Discovery Bay, CA can help you avoid pain
Patient full consent to show the case of her son is enforced and results may vary!
Brentwood family dental In the news
Award Winning Dentistry With An Artistic Touch!
I had caps on my front teeth for 40 years and they broke off while at a hotel. After calling Dr. Alkhoury's office, I was able to get a quick appointment...